Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein shakes as main source of protein.

I think it's hard to say which one is best. I've tried all differant ways and still don't know. But I usually keep my protein intake at around 300-350 and a little over a hundred is whey and the rest is chicken, eggs, lean ground beef and ANPB. I would like to drink all shakes because I get full eating so much and tired of cooking but I'm not sure that is the best way to get your protein.
This is one of those debates that will go on forever.

youngguns said:
I guess i'm lucky to go from 135-195 in 1.5 years with whey being the main source? hmmm people have thier opinions but facts are facts, protein is protein.
you were what 18 still a growing boy, full of natural fuckn test, going through a big growth spurt. maybe you'd got bigger eating more real food, who knows. i do know that i would take solidspines 30+ years of exp. and opinion on eating and dieting before i would over your 1 1/2yr-2yr exp.

What do people consider a shake? Is it just powder and water or is there other things added. All my shakes (except pw) have egg whites and ANPB and sometimes skim milk. So they are really only half powder and the rest is whole foods. Chew it or drink, who cares.

youngguns said:
remember you talk out of you ass, shut theee fuck up

There's no reason to talk to SS like that. He's been in the game a while and he knows what he's talking about. Show a little respect.

juggy54 said:
most of my protein comes from shakes.....im a poor college student and the cafeteria is crap.......once or twice a week they will have good food. most of the time its mystery meet and cassarole. tuna packets from walmart work good too
See i have this sort of unique situation like yours, except im not in college.
so my main source is whey. All they keep shoveling down peoples throats is damn deep fat fried foods.im mean there is protein in fried chicken but hey i would rather hit the Myoplex meal replacement then shovel that shit down my throat every day.

solidspine said:
I don’t know, I apologize, but when you eat all that real food, you gain more muscle then just taking shakes, I love shakes and probably drink too many,

If you are trying to take in 400 grams of protein a day, that is a lot of chicken, tuna, eggs, meat and pure protein.

I would keep my shakes down to 100grams, or I would up the total grams.

I have done it every which way you can imagine, with out shakes, only on shakes, but real food is the key to gaining muscle.

Sorry it is a bitch, but remember Costco is your friend.

Some of us are not fortunate enough to be able to run to costco,
But i think they are opening a walmart here in Iraq soon lol

I usually suppliment an actual food meal w/ a protien shake,(an MRP or a simple 1 scoop protien powder/water/milk mix)

I used to drink a lot of shakes, but I've made much better gains by putting the time in to cook all my whole food meals. I only drink 1 shake per day, and that's post workout. Besides, most shakes give me bloat, gas, and horrible aftertaste. Just remember a few things. Whey is designed to be absorbed quickly. After an hour post- shake your body is starving again. Also, these are synthetic products, the quality is not the same as whole foods. Finally, drinking shakes instead of eating non-palatable foods like egg whites, plain grilled chicken, and tuna out of the can is EASY. If something in this sport is easy, it's not the right thing to do, such as smith machine aquats instead of free standing, or pec deck instead of dumbell flyes, or pulldowns instead of barbell rows.

Also, protein powders are usually high in cholesterol. But if your job is so hectic that you cant eat, I guess you have no choice.

I must use protein drinks as my main source of caloric intake.I train 6 sessions back to back often times. I add cream and natty peanut butter to my shakes to slow absorption and also depending on the product I think the protein is more usable because it is already in a predigested state. I use Beverly and the taste is great as well as no stomach issues. I think food is great but most do not have time to eat 6 times a day and with me eating 6000cals of clean food a day I could not actually "eat" it all. Food is great but if you have to do shakes,you have to do shakes.

Quadsweep
52_21_30 said:
I used to drink a lot of shakes, but I've made much better gains by putting the time in to cook all my whole food meals. I only drink 1 shake per day, and that's post workout. Besides, most shakes give me bloat, gas, and horrible aftertaste. Just remember a few things. Whey is designed to be absorbed quickly. After an hour post- shake your body is starving again. Also, these are synthetic products, the quality is not the same as whole foods. Finally, drinking shakes instead of eating non-palatable foods like egg whites, plain grilled chicken, and tuna out of the can is EASY. If something in this sport is easy, it's not the right thing to do, such as smith machine aquats instead of free standing, or pec deck instead of dumbell flyes, or pulldowns instead of barbell rows.

Also, protein powders are usually high in cholesterol. But if your job is so hectic that you cant eat, I guess you have no choice.

Top Bottom