Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein shakes as main source of protein.

I don't know, I have always subscribed to the whole shake after workout, then a whole meal about an hour to an hour and a half later. Let my starving muscles get their protein and glycogen fix from the shake, then lets eat some solid food to keep the growth going . . .

most of my protein comes from shakes.....im a poor college student and the cafeteria is crap.......once or twice a week they will have good food. most of the time its mystery meet and cassarole. tuna packets from walmart work good too

youngguns said:
you talk out of your ass. whey is the best bang for your buck x10, literally.

Whey is the best bang for your buck if you want a fast digesting protein. Which the only time you should want anything digesting fast is immediately following a workout, because it then goes straight to your muscles. Other forms of powdered protein are better for other times of the day, casein or egg. And I don't talk out of my ass, i'll leave that to Ace.

In the past I have made some of my best size and strength gains for protein shakes 4 times a day with 1 or 2 meals. I was on a cycle of just test suspension 100mg eod and I went from 195 to 230 and I could rep 315 for 6 pausing reps and squat 385 all the way down to the floor for reps of 10 so I think it all depends on the individual. People are always slamming protein shakes but they must be benifiting some one because they are being purchased. What I am going to do on my next cycle is get about 80 % of my protien from chicken turkey breast and lean steak and see if I make better gains. If I do not I will keep the shakes as my main sorce of protein but I will consume at least 4 solid food meals.

peejae said:
I was wondering if anyone had experience using protein shakes as the main source of protein other then meats?Also wondering would the gains be drastically diff?Because where im at its kinda hard to get good solid sources of protein day in day out besides the damn shakes.

solidspine said:
Shakes are great, you need to get 80 percent of your protein from food.
why?

I don’t know, I apologize, but when you eat all that real food, you gain more muscle then just taking shakes, I love shakes and probably drink too many,

If you are trying to take in 400 grams of protein a day, that is a lot of chicken, tuna, eggs, meat and pure protein.

I would keep my shakes down to 100grams, or I would up the total grams.

I have done it every which way you can imagine, with out shakes, only on shakes, but real food is the key to gaining muscle.

Sorry it is a bitch, but remember Costco is your friend.

solidspine said:
I don’t know, I apologize, but when you eat all that real food, you gain more muscle then just taking shakes, I love shakes and probably drink too many,

If you are trying to take in 400 grams of protein a day, that is a lot of chicken, tuna, eggs, meat and pure protein.

I have done it every which way you can imagine, with out shakes, only on shakes, but real food is the key to gaining muscle.

remember you talk out of you ass, shut theee fuck up

jetty said:
Whey protein is absorbed too quickly as well and you'd nearly need to drink it every 45 minutes. Obviously adding a fat and carb source will help slow digestion but i personally use blended proteins that have Micellar, Caseinate, Egg,etc. to give me sustained protein synthesis. I've always been told that whole foods are better than powders and for cutting that is exactly the case. You stay full longer and get phytonutrients and fiber from your food sources. MRP's have there place in my diet but not a mainstay.

I was going to say the same exact thing

solidspine said:

None of what you said makes any sense. The keys to gaining muscle are calorie surplus, adequate protein, and the correct training stimulus. It doesn't really matter if you get more protein from shakes or if you get it from foods. With foods you will get more vitamins and minerals which will have your body working more efficiently. IF the choice is there you NEED to eat more whole foods. Supplements are nothing more than that, to supplement the diet not BE the diet.

Top Bottom