Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein shakes as main source of protein.

PrimordialMan1 said:
Whey just isn't the same quality protein as you can get from certain solid foods. Eggs, chicken, turkey, etc

>> how is that possible ? when most whey shakes are LOADED with BCAA and L-glutamine ?

the only problem is that it is absorbed too quickly , but there are tons of ways to get over this

Victor

I would say 65% of my protien comes from whey. Although I never had a problem putting on muscle Its real diffiuclt to cut down unless I am eating 75% of my protien by food. I am sure everyone is different.

VictorBR said:
>> how is that possible ? when most whey shakes are LOADED with BCAA and L-glutamine ?

the only problem is that it is absorbed too quickly , but there are tons of ways to get over this

Victor

Define "LOADED" I haven't seen many whey proteins with any worthwhile source of BCAA's. Can you give me an example, i would honestly like to look into it. Most whey i've seen was barely worth buying, maybe thats cuz i'm cheap, and would much rather buy eggs. In addition, would you say processed meats are more valuable than unprocessed? I wouldn't. Because it's not like whey falls out of a chicken, or is a chicken. It goes through processing, and for my money, that makes it a lower source.

golferstud84 said:
whey is just a waste of space in your stomach where food could be.... i get far better results taking in 300 grams protein all food then 150 food/ 150 whey... it has no place in my book
I guess i'm lucky to go from 135-195 in 1.5 years with whey being the main source? hmmm people have thier opinions but facts are facts, protein is protein.

PrimordialMan1 said:
Define "LOADED" I haven't seen many whey proteins with any worthwhile source of BCAA's. Can you give me an example, i would honestly like to look into it. Most whey i've seen was barely worth buying, maybe thats cuz i'm cheap, and would much rather buy eggs. In addition, would you say processed meats are more valuable than unprocessed? I wouldn't. Because it's not like whey falls out of a chicken, or is a chicken. It goes through processing, and for my money, that makes it a lower source.
you talk out of your ass. whey is the best bang for your buck x10, literally.

i do two shakes a day...one after training or weightlifting...and one before i go to bed with lots of casien in it...aside fromt that...i try to do beef chicken turkey tuna...sometimes eggs...i also drink lots of milk :)

i would read labels and check to see which has the lowest cholesterol...when on a cycle I think fish protein (good fish with omega 3s) should be where most of your protein comes from. Next clean poultry, nuts, and last whey protein usually just after a workout.

When I used to pay attention a decade ago, I used to order MetRX by the caseload. I loved it because the vanilla could mix with anything and taste good. There was also some pretty compelling marketing. I just bought some metRx the other day while I am on the road. Is it good to go? Or is whey that much better? Any reccomendations of vanilla flavored MR or protein powders?

Top Bottom