x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Protein shakes as main source of protein.

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Protein shakes as main source of protein. within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: I was wondering if anyone had experience using protein shakes as the main source of protein other then meats?Also wondering would the gains be drastically diff?Because where im at its kinda hard to get good solid sources of protein day in day out besides the damn shakes.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Protein shakes as main source of protein.

I would say 65% of my protien comes from whey. Although I never had a problem putting on muscle Its real diffiuclt to cut down unless I am eating 75% of my protien by food. I am sure everyone is different.

Quote Quote posted by VictorBR
    >> how is that possible ? when most whey shakes are LOADED with BCAA and L-glutamine ?

the only problem is that it is absorbed too quickly , but there are tons of ways to get over this

Victor

Define "LOADED" I haven't seen many whey proteins with any worthwhile source of BCAA's. Can you give me an example, i would honestly like to look into it. Most whey i've seen was barely worth buying, maybe thats cuz i'm cheap, and would much rather buy eggs. In addition, would you say processed meats are more valuable than unprocessed? I wouldn't. Because it's not like whey falls out of a chicken, or is a chicken. It goes through processing, and for my money, that makes it a lower source.

I drink 4 shakes a day, and eat 3 solid meals a day, and it works for me fine

Olympian

i do two shakes a day...one after training or weightlifting...and one before i go to bed with lots of casien in it...aside fromt that...i try to do beef chicken turkey tuna...sometimes eggs...i also drink lots of milk

i would read labels and check to see which has the lowest cholesterol...when on a cycle I think fish protein (good fish with omega 3s) should be where most of your protein comes from. Next clean poultry, nuts, and last whey protein usually just after a workout.

Pro Bodybuilder

When I used to pay attention a decade ago, I used to order MetRX by the caseload. I loved it because the vanilla could mix with anything and taste good. There was also some pretty compelling marketing. I just bought some metRx the other day while I am on the road. Is it good to go? Or is whey that much better? Any reccomendations of vanilla flavored MR or protein powders?

Pro Bodybuilder

I don't know, I have always subscribed to the whole shake after workout, then a whole meal about an hour to an hour and a half later. Let my starving muscles get their protein and glycogen fix from the shake, then lets eat some solid food to keep the growth going . . .

Good Broly

most of my protein comes from shakes.....im a poor college student and the cafeteria is crap.......once or twice a week they will have good food. most of the time its mystery meet and cassarole. tuna packets from walmart work good too

Quote Quote posted by youngguns
    you talk out of your ass. whey is the best bang for your buck x10, literally.
    Whey is the best bang for your buck if you want a fast digesting protein. Which the only time you should want anything digesting fast is immediately following a workout, because it then goes straight to your muscles. Other forms of powdered protein are better for other times of the day, casein or egg. And I don't talk out of my ass, i'll leave that to Ace.

Amateur Bodybuilder

In the past I have made some of my best size and strength gains for protein shakes 4 times a day with 1 or 2 meals. I was on a cycle of just test suspension 100mg eod and I went from 195 to 230 and I could rep 315 for 6 pausing reps and squat 385 all the way down to the floor for reps of 10 so I think it all depends on the individual. People are always slamming protein shakes but they must be benifiting some one because they are being purchased. What I am going to do on my next cycle is get about 80 % of my protien from chicken turkey breast and lean steak and see if I make better gains. If I do not I will keep the shakes as my main sorce of protein but I will consume at least 4 solid food meals.

Quote Quote posted by peejae
    I was wondering if anyone had experience using protein shakes as the main source of protein other then meats?Also wondering would the gains be drastically diff?Because where im at its kinda hard to get good solid sources of protein day in day out besides the damn shakes.