Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein rash on my chest

Dominic wayman

I started getting some redness on my chest and part of my neck after a week of taking two protein shakes a day is it an allergy ? or am I taking too much protein, I have read online excess of protein can give you side effects, what do you guys think?

Getting rashes/acne from protein powder is actually a very common problem.

There are two main types of whey protein available: a whey protein isolate and a whey protein concentrate. The problem with a whey protein concentrate is that it will contain a few grams of lactose (the milk sugar naturally occurring in dairy products) per serving. The majority of adult humans have a lactose sensitivity which can cause GI issues, acne, skin rashes etc.

It's the whey concentrate in the product that is causing the acne flair up.

A whey protein isolate on the other hand is essentially pure protein and will have no lactose. You will not get acne when using a pure whey isolate.

I personally use the whey protein powder isolation from n2bm.com. A 30g scoop has 26g protein, 1g carbs and 0g fat.

If you got a rash so fast, it is definitely an allergy. You should stop taking this protein in order to avoid further problems. Protein products can cause a lot of additional problems, like the acne, but such speed of side effects occurence is a good indicator of an allergy.

In order to avoid these issues, it is best to get a protein product that has no lactose in it, and no other additives that are unnecessary. The Isolation is a good example of such protein product - only the isolate, no sugars, and no other additives.

I would stop taking the protein and see if it goes away. As with anything you eat/take.....if it is causing issues then stop consuming it.

Top Bottom