Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Misconceptions

2Thick said:

This is not the correct article. The study that I posted by the same author has two groups (one control) with 3 levels of protein intake (low, medium, high; 0.86, 1.4 & 2.4 g/kg respectively).

As you can see the high group has 2.4g/kg (a little over 1g/ pound) and not the numbers you quoted.

I wasn't referring to your article, I backing up my claim for higher protein using studies of my own (which I am trying to see if they're on the net)

Debaser said:

I wasn't referring to your article, I backing up my claim for higher protein using studies of my own (which I am trying to see if they're on the net)

Where are the citations?

You'd have to ask DC for that, I'm only quoting him. I doubt he's making them up, however.

I did not read all this, just a few posts on the first page...

But I weigh 241. If I go under 300 grams of protein daily, I don't "feel" big. Not to mention, I can't grow. I am at 350-400 grams of protein per day. I simply can not grow and maintain a low body fat % on 1 gram of protein per day.

I do eat a good amount of red meat, so don't see the case against it. My chlosterol is fine. My lipid profile is fine. Everything is fine. I don't gain fat from red meat either.

AAP said:

But I weigh 241. If I go under 300 grams of protein daily, I don't "feel" big. Not to mention, I can't grow. I am at 350-400 grams of protein per day. I simply can not grow and maintain a low body fat % on 1 gram of protein per day.

I do eat a good amount of red meat, so don't see the case against it. My chlosterol is fine. My lipid profile is fine. Everything is fine. I don't gain fat from red meat either.

Everything is fine for now. Wait 20 years. Then is when it catches up to you.

Are you 'on' right now?

AAP said:

You're always on low carbs though, right bro?

-sk

Yes, I am on right now. But I went from 189 to 230 after college eating this same way. Naturally.

sk* - yes, I am always on low carbs. Except every 5th or 6th day. (or vacation)

2Thick said:

That would explain your need for high protein.

Yea, that's why I asked ...

If you go real low on carbs than you usually need more protein as a source of energy.

-sk

Top Bottom