Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Misconceptions

jubei said:
2thick, how about when on a cycle?

During a cycle, we know that we can synthesize much more protein. That is one instance where we can ingest closer to the 2.4g/KILOGRAM maximum range. But we should still get half of our protein from non-animal sources.

* kronk downs a can and a half of beans, with basmati rice and 2 cups broccoli*

what about the bioavalability of plants? i was to the understanding that plants were not a very efficient source of protein. hence it takes much more to get in enough usefull amino acids necessary for muscle growth. all amino acids are not created equal.

(used to be a nutrition major)

jkerry

2Thick said:
I will be writing an article on this matter but here are a few quick points:

-The maximum amount of protein any human being should use is 1 gram per pound. Countless scientific studies have proven that anything above that will not yield any benefit (and in fact will harm your kidneys).

-Plant protein is superior to animal protein. In specific, red meat should be your last choice for protein. AT least half of your protein should come from plants. The rest should come mainly from poultry and fish. A little red meat should make up the rest.

-No more than 25% of protein should come from protein shakes. Although the your body absorbs it at a relatively similar rate to food protein, the nutritional density of food will be far more beneficial in gaining quality lean body mass.

-Take care of your liver. It is the workhorse of your body and is responsible for leading healthy growth.

so youre basically telling us to discard what we've been taught and take your word without showing any literature on this. who do you think you are, nelson montana? :p

im not too much into red meat anyway. all of my protein comes from tuna, poultry, egg whites, milk and legumes. if i have red meat, its a cheat day or just 4oz of lean ground beef. but i do go over the 1g/day. i'll try out what youre recommending here and see how it works for me

Re: Re: Protein Misconceptions

DepressiveJuice said:

so youre basically telling us to discard what we've been taught and take your word without showing any literature on this. who do you think you are, nelson montana? :p

haha...:)

im not too much into red meat anyway. all of my protein comes from tuna, poultry, egg whites, milk and legumes. if i have red meat, its a cheat day or just 4oz of lean ground beef. but i do go over the 1g/day. i'll try out what youre recommending here and see how it works for me

Basically, I am just trying to get people to try plant protein more than red meat as a source of protein.

Re: Re: Protein Misconceptions

DepressiveJuice said:

so youre basically telling us to discard what we've been taught and take your word without showing any literature on this. who do you think you are, nelson montana ? :p

LMFAO
:D

The_Eviscerator said:
Cows eat plants, Chickens eat plants.... therefore I eat cows and chickens. I will leave the plant eating to them.

Cows and chickens eat low quality grain that is low in nutrients. You are what you eat, dude.

Top Bottom