Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Misconceptions

variation said:
when you eat more protein then you need you upregulate the amount of enzymes in your body to oxidize muscle as fuel.. so then you will need more protein to balance that.

huh:confused:

2Thick said:

The only difference should be the amount of gas you excrete. Also, your liver and kidneys are working overtime filtering the extra amino acids that your body did not use in protein synthesis.

The difference you feel is psychosomatic, because unless you are a freak of nature, you do not use more than 200g/day. This is especially true because your body does not store excess protein.

The difference is the extra calories he's getting, not specifically the protein. It's just another 800 calories he's taking in...it would be more efficient and cheaper if you just took those 800 calories from carbs.

Bulldog_10 said:

The difference is the extra calories he's getting, not specifically the protein. It's just another 800 calories he's taking in...it would be more efficient and cheaper if you just took those 800 calories from carbs.

You are correct sir. I overlooked that.

In addition, I asumed that he got enough calories (for his base rate) so the extra protein would be useless since the body prefers carbos as energy at almost all times.

2thick i was wondering if you are eating this way now and how do you find it ( 1 gram of protein per pound of mass ) ???

bigAragorn said:
2thick i was wondering if you are eating this way now and how do you find it ( 1 gram of protein per pound of mass ) ???

I have always eaten about 1g/pound but I recently changed my source of protein from mostly red meat and poultry to a combination of plant protein/fish/poultry (without only minimal red meat).

Are you asking where I found this information about the max amount of viable protein? I can dig up articles about this if you like.

2thick, how about when on a cycle?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Protein Misconceptions

sk* said:

Out of curiousity, why do you consider red meat an inferior protein to beans?

-sk

Meat is full of unhealthy components that are risk factors for deleterious health later on. Plus they lack the nutritional density of legumes.

Top Bottom