Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Misconceptions

variation said:
anyway I think combining different sources gives a better range of amino acids then appose to eating strictly a large amount of one source of protein.

You are absolutely correct. But most people (myself included) have gone through stages when animal protein was the main source of protein.

i disagree about plant protein being superior to animal protein. How can you say this when red meat contains all the amino acids? Doesn't get much better...although obviously there is more saturated fat in red meat, which could make plants a better choice. But as far as the protein goes, I'd say red meat all the way.

Bulldog_10 said:
i disagree about plant protein being superior to animal protein. How can you say this when red meat contains all the amino acids? Doesn't get much better...although obviously there is more saturated fat in red meat, which could make plants a better choice. But as far as the protein goes, I'd say red meat all the way.

Plant protein contain the same essential AAs. You should have to consume more of them (including some seafood to make up any deficiencies).

You just gave the reason why it is superior. Living longer and healtheir is the point of our lifestyle. Therefore cutting out saturated fats and LDL cholesterol should be our main concern.

Bulldog_10 said:
ok...i didnt' see those other posts before i wrote that. So you're not saying it's better in terms of protein, just in terms of overall food choice?

Yes.

ok...i didnt' see those other posts before i wrote that. So you're not saying it's better in terms of protein, just in terms of overall food choice?

Bulldog_10 said:

it's all about combining different plant sources..

---------------------------

it's not hard to eat enough plant sources to get enough protein... a can of kidney beans is like 26g of protein.

soy milk only has slightly less protein in an 8oz serving of milk (like 1g less) and most plant sources contain mostly if not only unsaturated fats.. when meats tend to contain a higher ratio of saturated.

I notice a big difference if I eat 200grams of protien vs. 400grams of protien/day and I'm around 200lbs.

when you eat more protein then you need you upregulate the amount of enzymes in your body to oxidize muscle as fuel.. so then you will need more protein to balance that.

jubei said:
I notice a big difference if I eat 200grams of protien vs. 400grams of protien/day and I'm around 200lbs.

The only difference should be the amount of gas you excrete. Also, your liver and kidneys are working overtime filtering the extra amino acids that your body did not use in protein synthesis.

The difference you feel is psychosomatic, because unless you are a freak of nature, you do not use more than 200g/day. This is especially true because your body does not store excess protein.

Top Bottom