Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein making me gain fat

flottmana said:
why is the protein adding a little extra fat, is this normal? i take whey
if you are bulking, then to add a bit of bf should be expected. its not just the whey, its total calories that are causing increase in bf.
on another note, too much protein can cause you to gain fat, just as carbs can. it is not the macro nutrients themselves that cause you to gain weight, simply consuming more calories than you use. which as i said, you should be doing if you are bulking.

*The_West* said:
if you are bulking, then to add a bit of bf should be expected. its not just the whey, its total calories that are causing increase in bf.
on another note, too much protein can cause you to gain fat, just as carbs can. it is not the macro nutrients themselves that cause you to gain weight, simply consuming more calories than you use. which as i said, you should be doing if you are bulking.

so i am bulking but when i want to cut this fat away will the muscle remain when im off the protein?

flottmana said:
so i am bulking but when i want to cut this fat away will the muscle remain when im off the protein?
negative. when cutting keep protein HIGH to help retain muscle mass.

the protein doesn't add fat. An excess of calories over what you expend is what adds fat. Proteins and carbs both have 4 calories, fats have 9. If you've added more protein to your diet and are now gainging more weight than you want, it's not the protein's fault per se, but the fact that you're taking in more calories than you're expending.

I'm not saying that exactly.
Try doing some research to figure out how much protein you need in a given day, then as long as you're getting that you can decide if you want to cut back on fats or carbs.

Also, cutting back on calories doesn't always mean eating less.

highlander555 said:
the protein doesn't add fat. An excess of calories over what you expend is what adds fat. Proteins and carbs both have 4 calories, fats have 9. If you've added more protein to your diet and are now gainging more weight than you want, it's not the protein's fault per se, but the fact that you're taking in more calories than you're expending.

Agree totally
The only thing I can think of is the insulin factor

Protein can spike insulin without carbohydrates. Fat would then be shuttled to fat cells through GLUT4. This would be independent of your calories through the day. This is the same principal as an insulin injection. Avoid fats in that time

Take fats with salad. Avoid fats during high protein feeding

It may be a good idea to drop muscle milk entirely and go with something like VPX Zero Carb or other high protein drink which contains no fat

Top Bottom