Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein intake, is a high amount really needed???

MrRTTB

Guys and gals, how much protein do you really beleeve is needed per day? I'm currently at around 2.3g per lb BW, that's a lot for my stomach and I have problems with digestion, farts and so on as I have this color Iritabile or whatever it's called.

some say they do not feel or notice any difference between 1.5g per day and 2.5g per day.

I had this thought about timing your protein intake. Lets say you eat 400grams of proten per day, compare this to 300grams. with the lower intake off 300grams this will give you 400calories less, but if one would eat more fat or carbs for these calories and do something like this, do you beleeve gains would be less:

400g protein

8 meals per day: 50grams each meal

300g protein

8 meals, BUT this is where timing would come in.
Breakfast, 30g protein
Pre workout. 20g protein
Post Workout: 50g protein
1 Hour later: 70g protein
Small meal 2 hours later: 30g protein
evening meal: 40g protein
Before bedtime: 60g protein

This would make it 300g protein.

What I'm trying to figure out is if you could get atleast the same results with a lower intake if the highest amounts would be taken at PW, PW1 meal and before bedtime.

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this...but, I don't feel you need more than 1 gram/pound of protein when bulking and maybe 1.5 gram/pound if you're dieting. I've noticed that I gain amazingly well at 1 gram/pound (I'm 225, around12%BF). I play with my carbs more and belive my gains/fat loss are closely related to carb intake. when I bulk I eat about 4grams of carbs/pound...when I diet, usually a little more than 1 gram/pound...about 200+ grams/day, my protein never really changes. Most of the books I've read stated that it useless to eat more than 2 grams/protein, because your body can't even use that much. I understand that some guys use the extra protein in place of cals. that they've dropped from carbs, I can see how that would work by not stimulating insulin..but, it never worked for me.

I have never been one to eat a lot of protein and lately I haven't even been getting 1 gram per lb. I'm not trying to be Ronnie Coleman either.

I don't go really high either. Highest I go on protein is 300g/day. Granted, most of the time I weigh between 175-185, but 2.5g/lb is insane to me. I notice a loss of muscle if I drop below 1g/lb though, I need at least 200g/day when training heavy. I've never tried going higher, maybe I will this year and see what happens? Every body is different.

i don't go all out and have 300 grams a day either, i am 165 at 5% bf. but i will say if i don't have a shake after workouts and before bed i dont gain weight while on. a complete waste of juice if i don't have these essential shakes. i try for 3 or 4 and eat a lot of fish and chicken. i wish i could pound 300gms a day but it makes me sick, i have a small stomach.

If you are having problems with digestion of certain protiens...have you considered trying some different brands?

Also, try taking at least 2 fiber-con tabs with each shake. Does wonders for bloat and gas...helps keep the system moving too.

Top Bottom