Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein farts = too much protein? Or sign of enough?

Madd Hatter

Or neither?

Yeah, we all get them. In my infinite boredom at work, I started wondering if having a bad case of them is a sign of ingesting more protein than your body can absorb, or if having them is a good sign that you're getting enough.

On my bulking diet I get them really bad while at work. I usually eat my 2nd breakfast about 1/2 hour before work. In one shift at work I have: 4 cans of tuna, half a can of peas, quart of skim milk, 2 turkey sandwiches, some peanuts, and some days half a protein shake.

it is food fermentation that causes farts

probably due to that fact that your body does not have enought amylase to break down all the carbs you've eaten on your high carb day...

I get them too. I am currently experimenting, when I take it seems to determine if I get it. Heres my stats and what will cause p-farts, maybe it will help.

210 pounds, 20% bodyfat, 6 foot

Morning/lunch up to 80 seems to be non fart

After workout I pushed 125 grams yesterday no farts. I was suprised, but that was deadlifts, so I think maybe my body managed to use all 125 or something due to the nature of deads. I am gonna guess I can push 125 on squats as well.

Typically 100 will be ok after a workout if it wasnt compound or cardio, I take it in with sugar or some other fast carb

After 6 PM I can only go about 70.

Half a chicken causes mild p-farts, or some gurgling down below (I guess thats like 100 grams?). Interesting because I am pretty sure chicken doesnt break down as fast as whey.

Steaks never have, I eat quite a large portion of steak throughout.

5-6 extra large eggs (7-8 grams of protein per I would guess) Plus 2-3 pieces of mitchells thick cut bacon doesnt effect.

Just a rough indicators.

There was a long thread on GINGER ROOT (capsules) here a while ago. Almost everyone was saying how great it was for the "protein bloat" and helped with protein digestion, etc... check it out.

I purchased some ginger root when I was having bad gas from high protain intake and they didn't do shit.

However ever since I have incorporated ypgurt into my morning shakes the farts have gone down a bit.

Top Bottom