Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein in cold cuts

tony rights

since I get my cold cuts at the deli and not the supermarket I can't see the nutritional facts they contain, I'm bulking right now and I eat lots of sandwiches, so I was wondering if they are a good source of protein for bulking, thank you.

There are much better options. Not to mention all the nitrates, preservatives, artificial flavours and colours...cold cuts are full of fat and empty calories. A lot of cold cuts have wheat and bread crumbs added as a binder. Just read the ingredient list on the package and you will think twice about consuming it. Probably half the ingredients you won't even be able to pronounce.

It's always best to stick with single ingredient foods on a diet. They give you the most bang for your buck. If you compare 100g of cold cuts to 100g of boneless skinless chicken breast, the chicken breast will be much lower in calories and fat while providing more protein.

Not to mention the fact that most food preservatives are estrogenic in the body.

The easiest thing you can do is make your own. That way you know what you are eating and the nutrition facts. Just get a chicken, roast it, and cut it into thin slices.

Top Bottom