Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein + Carbs or Protein + Fat - PWO?

Maybe I am having a brain fart here. I just read in another log that you should not consume fat with protein post workout, only carbs with protein. I usually have a PWO shake (I train in the morning) made with Isopure Zero Carb and Udo's EFA oil. I wonder, should I change this? Would this affect body fat loss in a positive way? What is the thinking behind the protein/fat or protein/carbs PWO?

Either carbs and protein, or just protein (depending on the type of diet you're doing)

But never fats, fats slow down the digestion, and post workout you want your food to get to your muscles as fast as possible.

Miss24k said:
Either carbs and protein, or just protein (depending on the type of diet you're doing)

But never fats, fats slow down the digestion, and post workout you want your food to get to your muscles as fast as possible.

What she said....

Miss24k said:

Ahh, yes. Told you I was having a brain fart.
:)

Maybe I will add my Udo's to a protein shake for mid afternoon snack. Hmm, time to rethink my meals.

Thanks for the replies! :)

Also a good option for the last meal of the nite. Slow digestion = shorter time until next "feeding".

Top Bottom