Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein?, Carbs?, Diets?

Dancer/Sk8er

I am 18 years old, 5'9", and weigh 120 lbs. I used to be very active, dance classes for about 3-5 hours a week, figure skating about 5 hours a week, and at the gym traing about 3 days a week. Now I am at college away from home, and basically do not get a chance to exercise. I am a very healthy eater, but lately have noticed love handles and a "flabby" stomach. It really boths me. I don't know if it's from no exercise, too many carbs, or not enough protein. Maybe a combination of everything. I really want to get back in shape! QUICK TOO! PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE!

Weighing 120lbs at 5'9 is not BIG at all! I am 5'10 and I weigh 151lbs!! You should have your body fat taken. You have a tall frame and can hold a nice amount of muscle. I am not talking big, but you could carry a lot more weight!!! Weight training is a major factor in reshaping your body. Doing cardio alone will not do it! You should eat 5-6 small meals a day. You need to eat a lot, but eat clean. Foods like chicken, tuna, lean red meat, fish, turkey...etc. Stay away from junk food and fill yourself with complex carbs like oatmeal, rice, potatos, yams and veggies. You should be drinking at least a gallon of water a day as well. Do a search there is tons of info on diets, training etc. But lifting weights will create lean body mass, and boost your metabolism, and you will burn more calories at rest, and it will firm up those flabby AREAS!!! It takes time, and you have to be consistent with your diet and training. Search the site, you will find tons of good INFO!

I agree 120lbs at your height isn't big at all. I'm 5'11, 132lbs (weight has come down because I'm dieting for a show that I have in a few weeks). Definitely lift weights, that's the only thing that changed my body. You will get lean before you start noticing your muscle gains.

Take everyone's advice and eat 4-6 small meals throughout the day as close to every 3-4 hours as possible. Plan your meals ahead of time (I cannot stress this enough). Make better "bad" choices. For example if you wish to finish your meal with something sweet eat Edy's fat-free,sugar free ice cream or frozen yogurt or fat free sugar free Jell-O pudding. Stay away from sugars (read Warlobo's sugar post). The more sugar we take in the more insulin our body produces. The more insulin you produce the harder it will be to burn fat. Once a week eat whatever you want(I eat a cheat meal, I never have a full cheat day). Reward yourself but still remember to eat slowly and drink plenty of H20.

Top Bottom