Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein and carb digestion

BeToCinemat

I have read recently in Dan Duchaine's book thatprotein does not get as well absorbed when taken or eaten withoutcarbs. How true is it? Is there any new scientific evidence provingit, or disapproving it? In such case, hamburgers would make quitemuch sense to me lol.

Your body will absorb what you put into it. If you eat protein whether it is with carbs or not it will be digested. We often hear the argument that your body will not digest protein when you eat too much of it at once. Can you imagine if this concept was true..........you could literally binge on a whole pizza and not absorb it! Not true.

I remember there was this part, but don't remember that exactly. In a way, this makes sense to me, because carbs have the tendency to develop more fast energy, and this is the reason in fact why out body temperature will raise when digesting carbs, and I assume that this additional energy and temperature might contribute to protein digestion. In fact, if the OP does not find that part of the book, I will try to do so myself - this question got me intrigued.

Absolute bro science. Protein and carbs are digested via completely different pathways in the digestive tract.

Just think about it logically from a pre-historic case. If a prehistoric human killed an animal and ate it whole, would it not be digested? Of course not.

Carbs are a good idea to eat because they fuel intense training and keep the muscle full but you do not need to eat carbs with protein in order for the protein to be absorbed.

Top Bottom