Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

prolong fasting and elevated heart rate

brookek

I've already done a bunch of fasts from 18 hours, 24 hours and several days. my max was 3 days, haven't pushed it past that due to morning elevated heart rate. haven't been able to figure out why this happens just in the morning where my blood pressure and HR goes up to 85 and then drops during the day. anyone have the science on this?

the simple reason this happens is dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. when you are deep into a fast you will be pissing out more then you are getting in

i recommend keeping water near your bed and when you get up at night to piss (which you will on a fast) then drink a lot of water too. i also recommend adding some salt and cream of tartar to your water. and also make sure the water you drinking is high quality spring water. this makes a huge difference. filtered water does not contain any minerals or electrolytes, and tap water has chemicals

the 2nd reason this happens is adrenaline. you will also notice you feel colder on a fast. that is why, your body is burning fat at such a fast rate that you feel cold

if you are unable to bring down your HR and bp while fasting then you should break the fast with some fruit. i do not recommend people who are obese or who have existing heart issues to prolong fast unless they are getting daily guidance for this reason.

so when you go for a 5K run and a half mile into it your bodies heart rate starts going higher and higher should you stop the run and eat food?
The OP made no mention of performing any physical activity when his concern happens. My assumption was it's a resting heart rate after not eating for 3 days but the lack of specifics makes it hard to explain the "science" that he's asking about.

The OP made no mention of performing any physical activity when his concern happens. My assumption was it's a resting heart rate after not eating for 3 days but the lack of specifics makes it hard to explain the "science" that he's asking about.

yeah you don't want to have rigorous exercise during a prolong fast. that is very important to know. normal exercise like weight training and such will be fine as long as the person is hydrated. but remember your body will drive up HR and adrenaline on a fast because that is the science of it, same reason why lions build up adrenaline when they are hungry to chase after a gazelle. then after eating they nap. same thing at home with your house cat

people should not prolong fast without guidance so they avoid bad situations. and also i do not recommend it for anyone with poor heart health, they should start slow and work their way up.

i'm always here to answer anyones questions on this subject so before anyone decides to prolong fast they should contact me first.

Top Bottom