Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is Progresso Soup good for diet?

charx22

Is a can of Progresso Soup a good enough meal? Each can is about 200 cal with 40% of that coming from fat. So if i just eat three cans a day and then some snacks(fruits) in btw, then I should be able to lose som fat right? I'm around 5'6 155lbs with most of the fat around my stomach. I'm trying to drop at least 20 lbs of fat if possible and then bulk up. Is this a good plan? Thanks. Sorry if this was posted before.

Char

A can of soup has a ton of sodium in it which leads to water retention. I would eat every 2.5 hrs to keep your metabolism up. Stick to eggwhites, grilled chicken, brocolli, cottage cheese, and brown rice. Try not to eat too many carbs at night also. My diet currently consists of 50/30/20 breakdown (protein/carbs/fat-mostly unsaturated. i use fitday.com to track my overall calorie intake and it breaks it down for you and its free to sign up.

thx for replying jmt. I'm already eating like that. It's just sometimes I'm too lazy to cook after work and school, so the can of soup is like a quick meal. Is too much sodium bad? Water retention doesn't affect fat lose right? How much do you eat per 2.5 hrs? My plan is to eat a full meal ever 5 hours and then in btw a snack so total meals will be 5 a day with my last meal at 8pm but I sleep at 1am. Should I add one more intake at 10.5pm just to be safe?

There are def more knowledgeable people on this board who can explain any other implications too much sodium in your diet. i just know it leads to water retention so im not sure how that affects fat loss. my diet is as follows:

7-3/4 cup cottage cheese and a dannon light yogurt

815-4 eggwhites on ww bagel

1030-4 oz grilled chicken, 3/4 cup brown rice, brocolli

1230- protein shake before gym

130-post workout shake/protein bar

230-4 oz chicken, 3/4 cup brown rice, brocolli

500-pre cardio shake

545-600- some raw almonds

630-4 oz grilled chicken, or 4 oz steak, or 4 oz pork tenderloin with broccoli

830-i cup of eggwhite, 1/2 cup cottage cheese

1030-a couple tablespoons of natty pb

you want to eat every couple hours to keep your metabolism constant. you dont want to eat a huge meal every 3 hrs bc your body wont be able to use all of the food your taking in then. it will store some of it as fat which is the opposite of what you're tryin to accomplish. i would also eat something later if you dont go to bed till 1 am. id try a late night protein shake with some flax or so milk to slow the digestion process. I dont think having a can of soup every once in a while is bad for you, just dont make it a regular habit. hope this helps. bump on the sodium and fat loss question

In my opinion, the Progresso soup is pretty good stuff and decent for you. Once in a while I'll go on a Progresso soup kick and have it for lunch every day for a couple of weeks. However, I eat pretty normal food at almost every meal and just keep my portion size in control. I also stay away from the sweets/sugar stuff.

I don't have a Progresso soup can in front of me, but I don't remember the sodium levels being outrageous. It's certainly necessary to get some sodium just to live.

Tedster

The soup is not bad, and sodium is not really a problem if you drink lots of water ( i wouldn't eat it every day but..)
Try the Wolf Brand Turkey Chill w/ beans, it's 99% fat-free and a whoping 44g of protein per can.

I don't think the soup is horrible for you, but it's not really healthy to eat 3 cans of it a day.....Now what I do is add extra cooked chicken + veggies to the soup for added protein + fiber, etc.....And as said previously, drink enough water and the sodium shouldn't be an issue....

Top Bottom