Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Processed foods

Processed foods; You really don't know what they are? The quick answer, anything with ingredients other than the item you're purchasing. For example, the label for my oat bran cereal says,"ingredients: oat bran" and my peanut butter lists peanut butter as the only ingredient. Now look at typical store brand of peanut butter, it will have peanuts, salt and sugar. Avoid anything with sugar, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated on the label.

Technically, anything you purchase from a store will be "processed" to a point.

Reactions: Ish
JavaGuru said:
Processed foods; You really don't know what they are? The quick answer, anything with ingredients other than the item you're purchasing. For example, the label for my oat bran cereal says,"ingredients: oat bran" and my peanut butter lists peanut butter as the only ingredient. Now look at typical store brand of peanut butter, it will have peanuts, salt and sugar. Avoid anything with sugar, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated on the label.

Technically, anything you purchase from a store will be "processed" to a point.

well then where the hell do you buy the stuff that isn't processed to a point?

Whole foods or Trader Joes?

rocksolid215 said:

Whole foods or Trader Joes?

reg. grocery stores. Examples: Oats(buy the old fashioned rolled oats not the instant flavored kind. ) Meat ( don't buy sandwich meats or canned meats only get stuff that you could buy in a butcher shop. Rice(should only be whole rice, should not say instant, parboiled or anything like that. He means just don't buy things aren't natural. Do you see any cheerios and lucky charms growing on farms?

rocksolid215 said:

Whole foods or Trader Joes?[/QUOT
I said technically everything is processed to a point, which is a fact of life and not necessarily bad. For example, even if you slaughtered your own beef it would have to be dressed and made into cuts, ground into hamburger etc., which is processing. You want food that is processed as little as possible, It's the difference between buying a sirloin steak from the butcher and a pound of roast beef cut off one of the slabs in the deli. Deli meats have loads of "flavor enhancers" and preservatives added. It's the difference between buying "old fashioned oats" and a "oat crunch" cereal or instant flavored oatmeal packets.

Also stay away from "refined" incredients. Such as white pasta's because they contain refined white flour or whole wheat bread instead of whoel grain bread.
By refining some foods like the whole wheat bread it changes the complex carb (whole grain ) to a simlpe carb (whole wheat) therefore it gets absorbed into your body much quicker allowing it to turn into fat stores sometimes.

White pasta doesn't contain white flour. Check the ingredients. They're essentially the same, aside from the exclusion of durum wheat and the extra fiber.

It doesn't matter how quickly the carbs are absorbed. You won't gain fat unless you're eating an excess of calories. Eat dextrose all day - you won't gain fat unless you have a caloric excess.

Anthrax Invasion said:
It doesn't matter how quickly the carbs are absorbed. You won't gain fat unless you're eating an excess of calories. Eat dextrose all day - you won't gain fat unless you have a caloric excess.

It does matter how quickly carbs are absorbed or everyone would eat simple carbs. If you eat dextrose all day what happens? The result is a huge
blood sugar and insulin spike. When your blood sugar spikes, your pancreas releases a lot of insulin to bring blood sugar back down to normal. Moderate amounts of insulin are necessary (and anabolic). Large amounts or insulin are lipogenic (cause fat storage) and anti-lipolyic (prevent fat release).
With out the proper foods theirs nothing to slow the absorption of carbohydrates into the bloodstream period.

Now back to what i posted on your last post i responded to:

If a calorie is just a calorie, then three diets at the same calorie level, the first composed of 100% protein, the second 100% carbohydrates and the third 100% fats, would all have the same effect on body composition. Believe me, a diet consisting of 100% tuna fish (lean protein) will not have the same effect as a diet consisting of 100% potato chips (fat and carbohydrate).
Calorie balance is the most important issue in fat loss but there's more to it than that. Other variables include the thermic effect of food, the effect of each food on hormones and blood sugar levels and the macronutrient ratios of each meal.

One of those diets can make you ripped, the other will make you fat.
So you tell me.. is making sure you don't eat excess calories all that matters? Not even close!

Even adding the wrong kind of fats in your diet can increase your blood cholesterol, clog your arteries, increase fat storage and wreak total
havoc in your body. Adding the right kind of fats can increase your energy, increase fat burning, increase muscle-building hormones, increase your strength, improve insulin function, improve your skin texture and strengthen your joints.

So can you still tell me it does not matter what you eat as long as your not eating a excess of calories?

There are other reasons people don't just use dextrose as a carb source, you douche. Satiety is one of them, as is vitamin and mineral content of the food. If you bulked with 25% of your calories coming from protein and fat, then 50% coming from carbs, and one time you used carbs like oats, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta, then another you used dextrose, you'd lose or gain the same amount of weight, provided the calories stayed the same.

However, you'd probably end up a diabetic and you'd be missing out on fiber and would probably wind up in the hospital for lack of vitamins and minerals. Case and point? CALORIES ARE WHAT MATTER FOR WEIGHT GAIN & WEIGHT LOSS!

Anthrax Invasion said:
There are other reasons people don't just use dextrose as a carb source, you douche. Satiety is one of them, as is vitamin and mineral content of the food. If you bulked with 25% of your calories coming from protein and fat, then 50% coming from carbs, and one time you used carbs like oats, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta, then another you used dextrose, you'd lose or gain the same amount of weight, provided the calories stayed the same.

However, you'd probably end up a diabetic and you'd be missing out on fiber and would probably wind up in the hospital for lack of vitamins and minerals. Case and point? CALORIES ARE WHAT MATTER FOR WEIGHT GAIN & WEIGHT LOSS!

Thats if all you do is consider weight. Why lose weight and gain higher body fat%.
Most people i don't think consider this as their objective when losing weight. They want to lose fat with the weight not lose weight and gain fat or at best keep the same amount of fat and still end up with a higher bf% than when they started.

Top Bottom