Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Problem with diet...losing strenght

Manu

I am with no carbs for 10 days now (only 40 grs dextrose post workout and some veggies).

Today at gym doing triceps i burned out very quickly. I had to put a lot less weight than i use to. Also i think muscles are becoming a little flat...

I didn't eat carbs but decided to eat about 400 grs of salmon, some nuts and veggies.

I am thinking maybe to eat pasta for lunch tomorrow...(?)

I am not sure what effect it will have. I don't know anything about refeeds. Should i eat carbs or eat more of the rest? (fats and protein?)
Would it be more beneficial to do every 4th day the crum modified version? Also having the muscles flaten don't make me so happy...is there a way to avoid it? or when i eat again carbs it will go quickly to "normal"?

Can anyone give me some light here?

Thanks

Your muscles have no glycogen...it not beneficial to workout like this. It can be very catabolic. Your muscles need glycogen because weighttraining is anaerobic.

Try eating 40 grams of oatmeal one hour before workout and 40 g of dextrose after. Don't worry about the measly 40 g of carbs..your body will use it during your workout.

And you should have a refeed every few days.

Exactly. And even if you're taking in some good carbs, you'll likely lose some strength while cutting...it's the price you pay.

Usually i only rely on whey pre workout, but it isn't the same as some good carbs.
Tomorrow i will eat some good past for lunch and start adding pre workout carbs. Let's see what happens.

Thanks guys.

I dunno bro... I did Crum's diet for two weeks... sure I lost fat, but I'd say I lost almost as much muscle too. And yeah, I felt like shit most of the time too.

I think it works, but it's better for the short term for already lean guys to get ripped and shredded, not for fat guys (like me) to lose fat. I think a BFL/ISO type diet is better for that... that's what I'm doing now, and although slowly, it is indeed working. Either switch diets, or incorporate carb refeeds as per Par Deus' leptin theories. Good luck!

Did you go from a high carb diet immediately to a low carb diet. How much fat are you eating.

This is a common complaint b/c most people jump from high to low/no carbs in the course of a day or so, and this shocks the body. They are used to burning sugar from carbs and w/out them they lose their fuel source since they are inefficient at burning fat. This is where the real complaints usually come from and they dont allow enough time to adapt to the diet for the "increased" energy that will eventually come from a low carb eating plan.

You might want to bump up carbs and taper them down as you increase fats so your body can adjust and you don't lose energy as much.

I think it works, but it's better for the short term for already lean guys to get ripped and shredded, not for fat guys (like me) to lose fat. I think a BFL/ISO type diet is better for that... that's what I'm doing now, and although slowly, it is indeed working. Either switch diets, or incorporate carb refeeds as per Par Deus' leptin theories. Good luck!

I'm a fat guy like you :))) I'm about 22% bf, something like that. Vageta already told me the same but i decided anyway to give it a try. I will incorporate refeeds and oatmeal pre-workout. If it doesn't work i will try something else. There's nothing like make the experience. Fist time i did it it was worst. I was doing pretty well without cravings. Just the burn out quickly at gym was the bad thing.
Thanks Cuts

Did you go from a high carb diet immediately to a low carb diet.

I did that, knowing that wasn't the best procedure....

How much fat are you eating.

About 2/3 tbs of flax seed oil, 6 grams cod liver oil, and the fat contained in lean red meat (sirloin)....not so much.
Today i am adding some fish oil....

This is a common complaint b/c most people jump from high to low/no carbs in the course of a day or so, and this shocks the body.

I guess that's what happened....

You might want to bump up carbs and taper them down as you increase fats so your body can adjust and you don't lose energy as much.

Today i had a reffeed(i have to learn also on that subject)...i had 125 grs pasta and tomato (fat free) sauce and 2 chicken breasts for lunch...first carbs like that in 11 days.
I also took 1500 grms ALA.

I waited 2 more hours and eated the fish oils that i didn't eat during lunch

Now preworkout i will eat some oatmeal...not sure if also some banana and a little honey also...(?)

I am planning in the 3 days that come to cut carbs the same way maybe adding some more fat (?) and then have another reffeed in the 4th day. I'm reading Par Deus articles and some posts on the subject.
I also took a look at your post....i have to read it more to be able to make comment. It is very interesting. (scaring also as somene said) :)

Thanks PwB

I think nclifter6feet6 could give you some insight on this. At first I was in disbelief that he could maintain strength on a very low-carb, very low calorie diet. Now I think I understand why.

He did about 3 reps for most sets of the exercises he did. For his body, that seems to be enough to maintain anabolism and strength. Mind you, I don't think it is a good rep range for increasing muscle mass quickly, but it works for nc's purposes.

When doing only 3 reps per set, you are using mostly stored ATP in muscle cells, and less glycogen. What you are probably feeling while working your triceps is the end of your muscle ATP supply and and your muscles' attempt at utilizing non-existant muscle glycogen. On most diets, muscle glycogen will be low. Furthermore, 3 rep sets done with GOOD form should improve your CNS and make you "stronger". Try slow eccentrics, too. Try it out, and maybe ask nclifter6feet6 about it.

Thanks Plornive
As usual great info :)))
I am starting to read nclifter6feet6 posts. I think i crossed time ago some things in the crum diet thread.

Today after carbs i didn't burned out like that, i felt pretty strong. I'm waiting my next tricep workout to see what happens also :)

Top Bottom