Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pretzels

jc00l471

WHAT DO YOU CALL THINK ABOUT SALTLESS PRETZELS???
THE CALORIES ARE NOT TO HIGH, BUT THE CARBS ARE.. WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE ON EATING IT FORMA SNACK WHILE CUTTING?

snacking while cutting?

i think you need to re evaluate your diet again..

if youre cuttng and eating your 5 meals a day or whatever and have all your macronutrients planned right, there's no way you should need a snack.

in fact, i myself have problems being hungry enough to pound down my 5 meals a day totalling 1700 cals.

Like I said, replan your diet, and if after that you still need a snack in the day, you either 1: have to work on your willpower some more, 2: start chugging more water, 3: resort to filling up on plain lettuce, 4: start taking diet suppressants, or 5:, go on a permanent bulking phase ;)

what about fat ?

there is usually saturated (hydroganated fat) in those snacks

and suagr sometimes :rolleyes:

In my opinon a few pretzels arent going to hurt you much.But there will probably be alot of debate on this. everyones different too I mean i know plenty of people that could snack on icecream sundays every day and still look like a cut up freak.Wish that was me but it sure as hell aint..

if it fits into your daily calories...go for it.

too many people on this board tip toe around food because its not volumous vegetables and lean meats with efa's as thier fats. come on people, get real world.

pretzels are just fine. low fat (so its calorically not expensive, not that fat is bad). the fact that you choose saltless makes it a better choice if you are watching your sodium.

o sure it's just fine if you have the calories to spare..

let's not forget tho people that dieting means eating in caloric defacit. Look at it this way, if you find your base maintenance cals to be 2000 and you've eaten 1900 cals that day, and have done no exercise to put yourself into a great caloric defacit that day (meaning you really didn't do much towards your cutting goals that day..) then yeah, guess what, the pretzles gonna screw you. You're not going to be under maintenance anymore.

however f your maintenance is 2000 and youre dieting like a madman anddoing cardio and you've already put yourself 500 or so cals in defacit that day or whatever then sure you've got the room to spare to eat the stupid stinking pretzel. Go for it. Give in to yourself. Let the pretzel win. Or you can BE STRONG and just wait till your cheat day.

Come on think about it, 100 cals closer to losing another lb. of fat, or the 5 second taste of a pretel. You gonna give in?

I'm a firm believer that one of the "wonders" of dieting is also about making yourself do things you do not want to do and overcoming urges. It's a lesson in self control, which I believe everyone probbly needs to work on more.

Top Bottom