Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Precontest diet- Cheat day or cheat meals?

Freak Show

Last time I dieted for a show I only took one cheat day in 8 weeks. I really think this cost me a lot of muscle and strength. I way over-did it. Lost too much weight. So how do you guys do it? 1 cheat day per week or 1 cheat meal per day? Or do you do something else? Thanks.

Dear Friend,

It all depends on the amount of time you have until the contest. What are you stats? bf%? diet? supplements?
Mr.X:cool:

5'11". Started dieting at 214. Got down to 176. Before the diet I only was on a primo cycle(300/wk). I started dieting 8 weeks out. I don't know how to describe my diet other than really clean. Tons of chicken, tuna, egg whites, lean steak. Carbs were mostly in the form of brown rice,yams, and 100%whole wheat bread. In the last few weeks I mostly took in yams, fruits, veges. Like I said, for being damn near "natural" I lost too much weight in my opinion. Would "cheating" have helped?

Try having a controlled carb-up, instead of a "cheat" meal or day. The controlled carb-up, is basically what I've listed before in Ketonic diet carb-up.
Do a search for it on the board and you'll see my response.
Mr.X:cool:

I start dieting at approximately 16 weeks out. I have one cheat day per week until approximately 10 weeks at which point I switch to one cheat meal per week. At about the 6 week mark I switch to 2 controlled carb-up meals per week. This works very effectivwely for me.

Yup, a controlled carb-up every 3 or 4 days - the last meal of the day - should help things. Also, during offseason, it's important to increase your calories and raise your metabolic setpoint, thus allowing you to safely consume significantly more calories. If you have a high setpoint to begin with, you don't need to drop calories to rediculous levels to get cut. That might be your biggest problem.

Many pro bodybuilders ingest 6000-10000 calories a day, thus they have raised their metabolic setpoint, which means they don't need to drop to low calorie levels to drop bodyfat. If you're only eating 2000 calories a day during off season, you don't have a lot of room to drop, thus you're going to sacrifice muscle. Also, "clean" calories are not very dense in calories, so you'll need more of them. More complex carbs would suffice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom