Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pre workout nutrition

biglamb

I was wanting to learn more about pre workout nutrition and/or training fasted. Some guys say it is a zero sum game and you should never do it. I seem to have better workouts when I train fasted, yet others say they have no energy and the body needs something to tap into so you must have a pre workout meal. am I the outlier?

Preworkout you should eat IMO not fast, drink a protein shake with carbs and train hard with cardazol

the reason you feel more energy when fasting before a workout is your body is not having to waste energy digesting food.

we waste 50% of our energy daily just digesting food. our body has to process everything you put into it!

95% of my workouts are fasted and once you get used to it you will never go back to eating before a workout

I was wanting to learn more about pre workout nutrition and/or training fasted. Some guys say it is a zero sum game and you should never do it. I seem to have better workouts when I train fasted, yet others say they have no energy and the body needs something to tap into so you must have a pre workout meal. am I the outlier?

Yes.

100% on board with Steve on this one. I use to train in the evenings after eating all day. Decided to switch it up and started early morning fasted with just a black coffee and will never go back to evenings. I have more energy throughout the day and don’t have to deal with all of the people at the gym.

It really depends on the person, type of training, and your goals. If you are looking to stay lean like me then fasted training is great. I am not putting up any records with my lifts. If you were a power lifter though, or looking to put on serious size then yes, you would want food.

i never lift fasted, i do do cardio fasted though. normally before a workout i’d get some berries or complex carbs in

Top Bottom