Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pre/post workout meals

knobler

Hey guys, so im underway with my new routine and diet tweeks, now i am curious about what and when to eat before and after workung out.

week days i go to gym at about 6ish pm. its just hard to get across the city in the am before work. i guess there is less traffic but id estimate id have to be up at about 3:30ish. and thats about what time i get to the gym after finishing work.

weekends i generally go about 9am. i wake up around 7 on sat and sun eat breakfast.

usually eat eggs every day, sometimes kale and cherry tomatoes as well. sometimes 2 piecees whole gran toast. and 250 ml of 2% milk.

was thinking during week days since i dont usualy eat really late i could do a protein shake with some berries and banana. but i hear that some say wait 60-90 minutes and some ppl say to eat asap afterwards.

just curious on your guys advice as what to eat before and after and when. also is there so much carbs/protein/fats that should be eaten etc?

thanks

I don't claim to be a nutrition expert but I have some carbs pre...ex sweet potatoe. After I have a shake and then about an hour-hour/half later a good meal. Usually post meal consist of chicken,rice,esparagus.

Chicken and sweet potatoe pre workout (or any protien and complex carb)

Have Shake and banana when leaving the gym then whe you get home have any protien and carb meal of your choice.

Imo. Eating post workout is the most important meal of the day. Avoid fats post workout.

yeah i was under the impression of a complex carb and protein pre workout for energy. and i remember i think reading something about a 2:1 carb protein ratio post workout within an hour of finishing. what about those who workout int he morning. do you workout fasted? or same thing a protein source and complex carb and then workout shortly afterwards?

i forgot to mention my frame of mind is that of fat loss too if that changes anything.

thanks for the comments guys

I dont work out fasted, some peeps do and thata fine. If your trying to lose fat drop the preworkout carbs and limit your post workout carbs to about 30ish grams.

I never mentioned but I meant for weight training. And I'm pretty sure that's what he was referring to as well. I know lots of ppl like fasted cardio in the morning. Not sure if its proven by science but since no carbs are in the blood stream the energy is taken directly from fat in the body is what I understand of fasted cardio. Fasted weightlifting seems to make sense to me to tho, so yeah idk, but I guess it's prob better to have some carbs to keep your body energized for lifting.

I work out at six am. I tried the fasted route. Not a good idea for me. Some can do it but I cannot. I get up 30min early and have some type of carb. Not anything big but just something and I am usually fine. Have been taking gear by ntbm as I walk into the gym and on my way to work after gym. My endurance is up and not tiring between sets. You should check it out if you haven't.

Top Bottom