Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre/post workout diet

Rockaho

I was wandering if this would be good.

1.5 hrs. before workout I have a bowl of sweetened instant oatmeal with a scoop of protein. This is about 30 gr. of carbs and 30 gr. of protein.

Immediately after workout I have juice (typically grape) with 5 gr. of creatine and 5 gr. of L-glutamine and 30 min later have another bowl of oatmeal and protein.

I read earlier that I should stay away from instant oatmeal. If so why?

From what I've read, that sounds like a good plan, although I've heard several different theories when exactly to take post-workout protein. I'm not sure if anyone is really sure. Of course, i'm still learning....

Oatmeal...

I think there may have been confusion on "instant oatmeal" and pre-packaged flavored oatmeal. Instants ok, but the pre-packaged stuff tends to be high in sugar.

"instant" oatmeal is more processed (cut up/ground) then "old fashioned" oatmeal. The closer you can get to a whole food the better for your body, hence you should eat the old fashioned stuff.

Your pre and post meals look pretty good - however faster carbs (higher GI rating) post workout aid in replenishing your system quicker, hopefully reducing any catabolic effects. You might try a high fiber cold cereal like bran flakes. My favorite is Kashi GoLean. I'll put the pro pwdr right on it and use skim milk or water depending.

Top Bottom