Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre/Post workout- Are carbs needed?

Xtreme2001

Everyone has their own say in this. I've read many posts and still haven't quite recieved the right response.

If you're cutting is it necessary to add carbs in your postwork out shake? If you're one of those people who add dextrose, won't that defeat the purpose of cutting by adding all those carbs? The only way I can see the benefit of taking dextrose for your postworkout is if you're daily carb intake is low, and therefore you need those carbs. Is this right?

As for preworkout, is a meal beneficial over a shake? vice versa?
How long should you wait until you have eaten anything before you go to the gym?

no it is not going to defeat the purpose of cutting by taking carbs postworkout, eating a deficit in calories is going to cause you to lose weight not avoiding all carbs thats not gonna do it, yes i think you should definitely have some carbs postworkout, after working out your body is turning to a state of catabolism, do you wanna lose all that muscle you need carbs for insulin spike to transport protein as well as to restore glycogen. i take 75 grams dextrose postworkout and am getting great results with my diet, i also eat carbs with my first two meals of the day too. do not think carbs are gonna limit your fat loss, i dont know why ppl think this, any cals in excess will cause fat not just carbs, the same the other way as long as your getting a deficit in cals you will be fine.

Well when it comes time for my show next year, I want to know EVERYTHING I Should before hitting the big cutting/dieting cycle.

Everyone has their own say on this, and I know running low carbs (20g/day) can be almost unhealthy.. but if you want to achieve that low 5%bf.. I can't see consuming more then 100/day helping to reduce the bf.

I'm just wondering if it's still safe/healthy to be doing that?

How many carbs do most competitors eat to get ready for a show??

Top Bottom