Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre-Mixing Eggs and storing??

black sheep

Banned
Can you make an egg premix on say sunday to use all week? Does it matter if it is in or out of the shell as far as freshness is concerned? I was thinking that it would be much easier and less time consuming for me to make (6 whole : 18 whites)and put it in a container in the fridge.

Will it stay fresh for 6 days?

I wouldn't leave raw eggs in the fridge. But you can cook them up and freeze them or leave them in the fridge for a couple of days cooked.

you can also freeze them raw. I buy 10 or more cartons of eggs at a time. If there's not room in the fridge, I seperate the yokes (throw those away or feed them to the dogs) from the whites and freeze the whites in small baggies 6 - 8 whites to a bag. They can last about a year in the feezer.

How do you go about defrosting these frozen whites?
Leave 'em out overnight to thaw? Or just put that frozen glob on the skillet and cook?

Gotta try that too!
Sometimes I'm just too lazy to separate them and grab something else to eat instead!

vin01 said:
How do you go about defrosting these frozen whites?
Leave 'em out overnight to thaw? Or just put that frozen glob on the skillet and cook?

Yep, just defrost in the sink or fridge.....I'd wait & cook them once they are fully defrosted.....

I prefer how the whites freeze when frozen alone....I've found that the yolks don't freeze "right" whole - but you can whip them with a bit of salt (the salt helps in the freezing) then freeze.....

I've also shelled my eggs into a container (just whites) & have kept them in the fridge for several days.....Never had a problem with them turning on me at all.....The only "issue" I've ever had was when I used 6 whites to 1 yolk then kept them in a container for a few days - they were still good to eat - just the yolk ended up changing color a bit (from yellow to orangey) - but they didn't go bad or anything, just looked funny....

Top Bottom