Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre-contest prep for figure competitor

The_Chemist

Hey ladies,

My GF is doing a local figure show in June. Shes just started dieting(already lean), but we would like to get a jump start on all the things she needs to do.

Just had a look at the article titled, SO you wanna compete. There was some outstanding info in there, so thanks to the Author, Sassy i think.

However, were looking for a 7 day carb,sodioum, h2o loading and depleation program. I find this one from swolecat, but im not sure if the ratios can be adjusted for a 115lb female.

swolcats sodium,carb,diuretic schedule

Any help would be much apprecieted.

So you're referring to Peak Week? The 7-8 days before the show??

hairlossguru said:
Yep. Typically all the preps ive seen start at about 7-8 days out.

Well, prepping for a Figure competition actually begins 12-16 weeks before the show.....

Now Peak Week is the week prior....which is when all the final prep occurs....such as a full body shave, doing the protan or other color application, washing your hair for the final time, etc etc....

There are several schools of thought on Peak Week - from dropping water to not dropping water to carb up or not, etc etc.....

Does she have a trainer she is working with for the contest prep?? Usually the Peak Week will vary by the person idealology....

Those last 7-8 days are when you bring your body into the final short term metabolism manipulation. You spend the 8-16 weeks prior prepping & conditionign everythign so that your body will have all the macro level changes accomplished and you are down to those fine details like water manipulation that you can really only have work on the very short term. Not to say everythign up to the last week isnt' drop down dead important, but w/ the last 7 days you have no more room for macro level changes -e.g. add more muscle - you simply can't do it at that point. You have to switch your focus to making things like your subQ water optimized to look a certain way for abotu 8 hours on comp day.

Sassy69 said:
Those last 7-8 days are when you bring your body into the final short term metabolism manipulation. You spend the 8-16 weeks prior prepping & conditionign everythign so that your body will have all the macro level changes accomplished and you are down to those fine details like water manipulation that you can really only have work on the very short term. Not to say everythign up to the last week isnt' drop down dead important, but w/ the last 7 days you have no more room for macro level changes -e.g. add more muscle - you simply can't do it at that point. You have to switch your focus to making things like your subQ water optimized to look a certain way for abotu 8 hours on comp day.

Yep..thats what i meant. She started dieting already(10 weeks out), but were just looking for opinions on dropping subQ water with carb manipulation for the final 7 days.

jenscats5 said:
Well, prepping for a Figure competition actually begins 12-16 weeks before the show.....

Now Peak Week is the week prior....which is when all the final prep occurs....such as a full body shave, QUOTE]

BTW my opinion on the shave - if you don't shave your arms, etc. normally, I'd probably start doing it earlier than 7-8 days out simply because it itches like a bitch, you might get some ingrowns and if you start putting the protan on soon after that it just irritates the skin that much more.

Top Bottom