Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post-workout carbs.... again.

Urlu

Sorry, but the other post I did before is too far down the list and no one reads stuff down there.

My question is, what else can I have for my post-workout carbs? Brown rice is kinda boring. Could I have oatmeal? Is the GI for oatmeal right? Because I really like mixing it with protein powder. What else could I have? And how much? I'm a little unsure.

I heard grape juice somewhere. Is that okay?

oatmeal is not good postworkout,but other times oatmeal and protein is good. Grape juice is ok has a post workout meal,maltodextrins and dextrose are considered better post workout carbs

For postworkout, it's best you consume a liquid meal for quickest absorption. With that said, the carbs you consume should consist of a combination of dextrose and maltodextrin. The grams of dextrose should be at least equal to the grams of protein, the rest should be maltodextrin. Here's an excerpt from Charles Poliquin's updated formula for postworkout carb nutrition.

For a 200-pound bodybuilder, I recommend a shake containing 40-50 grams of protein and an appropriate number of carbs. Here's my updated formula for post workout carb intake:

• 1.0 gram of carbs per kg of bodyweight if total reps per workout is 80 reps or less (relative-strength workout)

• 1.5 grams of carbs per kg of bodyweight if total reps per workout is around 250 reps (25 sets of 10 reps)

• 2.0 grams of carbs per kg of bodyweight if total reps per workout is 400 reps or more (30 sets of 15 RM)

Hope this helps. I use the same protocol postworkout with 50 grams of protein coming from a combination of CFM whey and hydrolyzed whey.

Blah blah blah.

Can anyone give me some every day FOODS I can eat? I don't have time to go researching all that garbage about glucagon and amino acids and dextrose and maltodextrin and whatever.

Could you have the names of some real foods or drinks for post-workout meals? Please?

grape juice is ok, im not sure but probably any starchy foods like pasta rice etc .

theirs probably more and better choices i just cant think of any right now

[This message has been edited by chillin408 (edited April 11, 2001).]

I use ISS reseach weight gainer - low in sugar, all whey protein - tastes decent and mixes easy.

Other ones you could try:

Kaizen Ultra Mass (higher in sugar, doesn't mix well but is fairly cheap)
Champion Nutrition Heavy Weight Gainer (high in sugar, not all whey protein)
Cytosport Cytogainer (almost identical to the ISS research gainer)

As for food, I find it difficult to eat a lot of food right after training (esp. if I just did cardio) you might be better off investing in a weight gainer for convienience.

you can get the above gainers at dpsnutrition.com or netrition.com

good luck!

Hey...........how about Protein shake or MRP shake with banana(high glycemic) or if you prefer eating the real meals try baked potatoe with chiken/tuna or any good guality protein and some small salad. Just remember to eat foods that are high in GI after your workout to replenish your glycogen levels. Or you can try Rice cakes with chiken breast,bagel with tuna and low-fat mayo,slice of pizza with chiken breast and veggies.........etc.
Good Luck, I hope that helps a bit.
Later

[This message has been edited by natglutes (edited April 13, 2001).]

Originally posted by Urlu:
Blah blah blah.

Can anyone give me some every day FOODS I can eat? I don't have time to go researching all that garbage about glucagon and amino acids and dextrose and maltodextrin and whatever.
B]

*Best yoda impression*

And THAT is why you fail.

;)

Actually, I don't fail. I'm doing fine.

I just asked a simple question which required a simple answer, not a bunch of self-indulgent crap to show you clever and knowledgeable you are. No one's impressed.

Top Bottom