x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

post-exercise meal timing...

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about post-exercise meal timing... within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: I have attached a link to a decent article from the AJCN. It essentially states that "glycogen depletion and the decrease in circulating insulin could provoke an increase in fat oxidation by enhancing fatty acid metabolism, perhaps until carbohydrate stores are replenished. Specifically, this may mean that the substrate mix oxidized is altered in the postexercise state as long as carbohydrate balance is not restored" That said, it appears that if your goal is to burn fat, especially

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Post post-exercise meal timing...

I have attached a link to a decent article from the AJCN. It essentially states that

"glycogen depletion and the decrease in circulating insulin could provoke an increase in fat oxidation by enhancing fatty acid metabolism, perhaps until carbohydrate stores are replenished. Specifically, this may mean that the substrate mix oxidized is altered in the postexercise state as long as carbohydrate balance is not restored"

That said, it appears that if your goal is to burn fat, especially during and post exercise, you should limit the number of carbs taken before,, during and especially after exercise. I have been waiting 1 hour post workout before having my first meal (I workout first thing in the morn) and have seen decent results. the shake has less than 10 grams of carbs as well.

Any comments?

Re: post-exercise meal timing...

Absolute complete bro-science. After a workout, your muscles are depleted of amino acids and your body's glycogen re-storing enzymes are at the highest they will be all day. You want to get in a fast acting protein source (like whey isolate) and a fast acting carbohydrate source (like rice, plain rice cakes) to restore depleted amino acids and glycogen levels as soon as possible.

Remember that as bodybuilders, we don't care about loosing weight - we care about loosing FAT. You are extremely catabolic after a workout and want to get in a good quality meal/shake as soon as possible after your workout to start the recovery process.

All Natural

Re: post-exercise meal timing...

The last part of what muskate said is what my trainer told me...