Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

post-exercise meal timing...

silverback7

I have attached a link to a decent article from the AJCN. It essentially states that

"glycogen depletion and the decrease in circulating insulin could provoke an increase in fat oxidation by enhancing fatty acid metabolism, perhaps until carbohydrate stores are replenished. Specifically, this may mean that the substrate mix oxidized is altered in the postexercise state as long as carbohydrate balance is not restored"

That said, it appears that if your goal is to burn fat, especially during and post exercise, you should limit the number of carbs taken before,, during and especially after exercise. I have been waiting 1 hour post workout before having my first meal (I workout first thing in the morn) and have seen decent results. the shake has less than 10 grams of carbs as well.

Any comments?

Absolute complete bro-science. After a workout, your muscles are depleted of amino acids and your body's glycogen re-storing enzymes are at the highest they will be all day. You want to get in a fast acting protein source (like whey isolate) and a fast acting carbohydrate source (like rice, plain rice cakes) to restore depleted amino acids and glycogen levels as soon as possible.

Remember that as bodybuilders, we don't care about loosing weight - we care about loosing FAT. You are extremely catabolic after a workout and want to get in a good quality meal/shake as soon as possible after your workout to start the recovery process.

Top Bottom