Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post and compare post-workout recovery meals here!

shardik1000

I was curious as to what everyone here eats after lifting. If anyone cares to post example post-training meals, it would be appreciated.

Some glutamine, before and after workout.

2 scoops of protein powder (220k 40protein total)

use to have a can of tuna fish aswell, but now, I eat some watermelon or a yogurt, figure its the one time I can have some sugary shit.

I usually have 100 grams of carbs and 50 grams of protein. The carbs come from dextrose powder mixed with no more than 8 oz of grape juice, usually 4-6. I mix the grape juice and dextrose with optimum 100% whey 2-3 scoops of it.

I am pretty old school when it comes to diet. I dont use supplements. If I cant buy it in the grocery store or from a source online I dont waste my time. Anyway, here is my post-wokout "meal"

18 oz. apple juice
12 egg whites
1 1/12 cups of oats
1 bananna

Toss it in a blender and drink it down. Sounds pretty barbaric, but I have been using it for 3 years along with the rest of my diet and it has always worked very well. And it really does taste a lot better than it sounds.

How have your results been doing that? I'm asking because most people don't use high fructose juices and low gi foods during their postworkout meal.

Actually my results have been very good. A few years ago I was on the keto diet and got no muscle gain results so I went through every protein powder, carb drink, and MRP on the market looking for something that worked. Nothing ever did so I decided to use my brain a little. I figured since you need simple carbs after a workout so your muscles get refueled and complex carbs for your regular meals to keep your insulin levels from spiking all day, there was no reason to not combine them. I also have noticed that the suagrs get into my system pretty quick but the oats keep my insulin level from spiking so high. Now I can take my insulin after my workout and dont have to worry about timing my carbs and insulin perfectly so I dont go into shock. It doesnt matter when my insulin hits because I have simple and complex carbs ready to work with it.

I personnally take 1 Gatorade on my way back home, then mix 35g of whey with 2 large tablespoons of honey in water. A research on the AST website found that honey is one of the best sugars post WO, as it keeps a steady and high sugar level in the blood, hence better recovery. I add to the mix 500 mg of vit C and 5g of glutamine.
I have a complete meal 1.2 hrs later (1 sweet potato + 1 chicken breast).

I usually throw in 75-100 grams of carbs form dextrose, about 35 grams whey, 5 grams glutamine. then I have a pretty big meal about 45 minutes later.

Whey protein shake or some kind of protein with high GI.

I take Phospagen PH (creatine + dextrose) and also Whey protein ... for vitamins/mineral: calcium, glucosamine, chrondoitin, and MSM ... (especially after 1 hour of cardio) ... sometimes I add Glutamine (when I mow my lawn ... ) ...

Hey Nat,
Do you want a shiatsu massage for post-workout recovery ... :D .. ..

natglutes said:
Whey protein shake or some kind of protein with high GI.

Top Bottom