Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pork

slay55

Do you guys eat pork? Or do you avoid it because its a dirty animal? I have read certain things that say pigs are one of the dirtiest animals and eat everything and anything and usually carry worms. Is it a good source of protein or should it be avoided ?

it isn't a dirty animal first off.. they are actually very clean.. they get the reputation cause they roll around in mud to stay cool.. that is smart.

chickens and other birds are the ones who are dirty. even own a pet bird? yeah they are dirty

the best sources of protein are fresh caught wild fish, and grassfed beef in moderation. you can also eat pastured/humane eggs.. pork is not healthy at all, it is typically processed heavily and the animals are treated very poorly. processed meats are extremely bad for you.

I don't give a fuck. As long as it's not spicy I'll eat it. Don't like Pork? Pass that pork belly with glazing my way.

One of the problems with social media and even how we search for info is all too often we cherry pick the answer. My daughter talks about how some food and additives are, in her words, a 'form of population control'. Thank fuck she can't see me rolling my eyes. She's about to have her third kid, her mum managed 5 (or is it 6?) and we're on for EIGHT FKIN BILLION PEOPLE. Yeah food is keeping that number right down FFS.

So when you read about pigs being 'dirty' keep reading.

Lean pork like tenderloin isn't a terrible protein source but for the most part, pork really isn't a good food choice. It has the lowest bioavailability out of any meat and a very poor amino acid profile. It is very low in Leucine. Pork also has more fat and calories gram per gram then poultry, beef, fish etc. It's ok for the occasional cheat meal here and there but it's not sketching you should regularly have in your diet. Pigs are absolute garbage guts as well. My sister is in pre veterinary school and they have to be super careful to make sure there is no pop cans or garbage in the pig pens or the animals will actually start to eat it. Farmers sell the meat by weight and feed the animals absolute crap knowing they will eat whatever.

Besides the occasional cheat meal or sunday night dinner, I wouldn't include pork regularly in a cutting diet. Poultry, lean steak, wild fish and eggs/egg whites are all much better protein sources.

Top Bottom