Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

porc in my diet

mozarts1

some people don't recommend to eat pork while losing weight, I was considering to include it in my cutting diet as a protein source, what are your thoughts on this guys, thank you.

For me, porc is one of the last sorts of meat I would eat. Fish and white meat are much healthier protein sources. Also, eggs are the staple for protein intake, which is additionally a cheap one.

Lean pork like tenderloin isn't a terrible protein source but for the most part, pork really isn't a good food choice. It has the lowest bioavailability out of any meat and a very poor amino acid profile. It is very low in Leucine. Pork also has more fat and calories gram per gram then poultry, beef, fish etc. It's ok for the occasional cheat meal here and there but it's not sketching you should regularly have in your diet. Pigs are absolute garbage guts as well. My sister is in pre veterinary school and they have to be super careful to make sure there is no pop cans or garbage in the pig pens or the animals will actually start to eat it. Farmers sell the meat by weight and feed the animals absolute crap knowing they will eat whatever.

Besides the occasional cheat meal or sunday night dinner, I wouldn't include pork regularly in a cutting diet. Poultry, lean steak, wild fish and eggs/egg whites are all much better protein sources.

If you are eating a lean portion of pork it is just fine. Just make sure you are sticking to lean cuts when it comes to different meats.

Top Bottom