Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Point me in the right direction???

Tekken_Player

Hi all,

I've been lifting about 10 years on off but the past few months I've totally devoted myself to training and nutrition. I only use free weights, barbells and dumbells at home due to being out of work and the money I get is being spent feeding myself. Of course, I realise I will need to go back to the gym soon as I am limited in what exercises I can do.

At my heaviest I was 16 stone 10lbs, which was 4 months ago. While having decent mass, 17" arms 49" chest, I decided to make a change and set a personal target to get ripped. A bodybuilder I bumped into who used to go to the same gym told me I was looking big and bulky, but didn't have the muscularity to show, and that I should get cut as a bodybuilder is only judged by his condition. I felt the sting of his words and realised it's the truth. I'm a true endomorph and with my physique I've realised it's all or nothing, I eat junk, I feel and gain fat rapidly. Eat clean, I feel great.

Fast forward 4 months, I'm now 15 stone 8lbs at time of writing. For the first time I can see good shoulder to waist differential and a v taper coming, but I need to shed more fat. I've been following a high protein and relatively low carbohydrate diet and just wanted you guys to take a look and tell me if anything needs to get refined or eliminated. I'm hoping what i'm doing is right at least to get to 15 stone before I need to tweak/eliminate certain foods.

Morning: bowl of porridge, about 50gram worth

Workout:

Immediately after workout:
3 slices whole meal toast, tin sardines in oil, 3 pieces fruit, protein shake (34g per serving)

Dinner: 300g of chicken breast, small baked potato, HUGE salad consisting of lettuce and tomato only

Snack: protein shake

7pm: 2 tins tuna with salad, again lettuce and tomato.

Nothing after this meal. I also only drink water. I calculate 200g protein, 150-160 carbs.

What you guys think? Feel free to criticise, tweak or advise. I have been eating this exact diet for nearly a month.

Thanks for taking the time out your day to read this. :D

If you eat so much tuna everyday, you might want to stop. I can't link but you can google it, tuna contains a lot of mercury which can hurt your brain and nervous system when eaten in excess. The recommended amount for an adult is around three times per month according to the site i wanted to link but icouldn't, and you probably exceed it by 20x...

If you eat so much tuna everyday, you might want to stop. I can't link but you can google it, tuna contains a lot of mercury which can hurt your brain and nervous system when eaten in excess. The recommended amount for an adult is around three times per month according to the site i wanted to link but icouldn't, and you probably exceed it by 20x...

Wow, I didn't know that. Guess I'll have to switch to more eggs and mackerel, sardines.

Does the rest of my diet look ok?

I think your diet is nice. Porridge in the morning is a great choice, it keeps your blood levels stable thourough a few hours and doesn't let you get hungry too fast. You may just want to vary the ingredients of your salad a little, if there are others veggies you like, change it up once or twice a week, at least. That way you will get more diverse vitamins. Good that you eat fish. If you get bored with chicken, you can try some turkey.

Top Bottom