Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Point to lifting while eating below maintenance?

Burning_Inside

Elite Mentor
I just started dieting again, and I was wondering if anyone else thinks there's no point to do any sort of strenuous lifting routines while dieting, being that you need to eat above your amr to start adding muscle. If you're dieting, you're not eating above your amr, so what's the point of killing your muslces and not giving them enough nutrients to repair themselves? I think you're just doing yourself an injustice.

Yes i plan on eating like 300 grams a day. See i was always under the impression that even if you ate nothing but protein, even if you ended up eating less than your amr at the end of the day, you would still lose fat and muscle.

you will loose a little muscle but you want to try and keep most of it..

gl with dieting man, it sucks

peace

I used to think think the same thing like..."well since I`m dieting, it really doesn`t matter what I do in the gym, or I can even skip a few days here or there, since I won`t be gaining anything"...god I was so freaking wrong.

Now I realize that you must work hard (actually I lift almost as heavy when on a strict low cal/carb diet now, because when I eat a ton , it doesn`t take me two weeks or so to gain most of my strength back). And you need to work hard for a few reasons...

You will lose signifigant muscle if you lift really light weights.

You will not burn as much fat because the more active a muscle...the more fat your body burns.

You generally won`t lose alot of strength while dieting.

forced labor

I've wondered about muscle loss under conditions in which a person isn't eating at a maintenance level...particularily I've thought about the people in the concentration camps who had to do hard manual labor in order to survive..obviuosly they were not fed enough protein,but the strong(in a darwinian sense) were able to survive for many years..under the Nazi system,as long as you could do the work you were spared(so to speak),and those who possessed a strong will to live did so...their bodies must have spared the muscle it felt necessary to do the work,and much of this work was extremely manual-intensive...so I'm wondering if your body will spare the stressed muscles when you are dieting and/or not getting enough protein

You can "spare" muscle by either consuming protein or carbs. And you still will lose fat if you eat below maintenance, even if you eat all protein or all carbs. And in order to keep that muscle, yes you do have to work out. It may sound unneccessary but it's vital to preserving your muscle. And anytime you are below maintanance you are risking your muscle to be used as energy, even if you eat high protein diet. Whole point in high protein is to help preserve muscle by supplying ample amount of aminos. Your body however will need carbs for energy, and if you don't consume carbs for energy purposes it will convert that precious protein for fuel.

your muscle need to know that they are still 'needed' so you must keep lifting, and yes you can diet and lose fat and keep and sometimes gain muscle....

Top Bottom