Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please help with my diet. Everything is detailed inside.

mbcrump

I've tried to make this post easy to read because I know how busy everyone is, so here goes.

Info about myself:
I have a BMR of 1919.25 (26 year old Male, 6'2 at 175 lbs)
If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
1919.25 * 1.55= 2974 This is the total number of calories you need in order to maintain your current weight.

Exercise Routine:
I jog 3 days a week for 45 minutes at 6 MPH / 4.0 Incline
I lift free weights (compound lifts like deadlifts/squats/benchpress/curls/military press/row) 3 days a week for ~30 minutes
I do machine weights (like butterfly, lateral raise, cable pull-down, hammer abs) 3 days a week for ~20 minutes

Yes, Cyrex I quit my cardio 5 days a week. =) You should be happy, that was hard for me to give up

My Personal Goals:
Right now I want a six-pack. Me and my wife finally saved up enough $$$ to goto Mexico in April, I want to look my best with my shirt off. Later on, I'd like to be a better runner and become more muscular.

Some Pics of where I'm at now:
Jan 06 @ 175lbs with 34 size pants
Sorry I don't have a more updated pic, but hopefully that gives you can ideal.
If you want to see what I looked like at 226 LBS =) size 42 pants click here

My meals for this week:

Meal #1 (6:30AM-7AM):
Homemade Protein shake
half can of yogurt, fat free milk, 1 tablespoon anpb, half of banana, ice, 20g whey protein powder, 1 teaspoon of flax seed oil
480 calories
17.5 F
44.5 CARB
31.5 P

Meal #2 (9AM): 2 oz of Nuts - typically peanuts
340 CAL
28 F
10 CARB
16 P

Meal #3 (11AM): I cut up this chicken myself not the tyson stuff. I know you would ask DZLS =)
Chicken Strips / Brown Rice / Peas / Carrots
270 CAL
2.5 F
37 CARB
28 P

Meal #4 (2PM):
Homemade Protein Bars
whey protein, oatmeal, few chocolate chips, ANPB, eggs, milk
326 CAL
16F
27 CARB
20 P

Meal #5 (6:00PM):
3 Egg Whites/1 Egg Whole with chopped up turkey breast and shredded lowfat cheese or Turkey Breast with cheese and whole wheat pita
Will Alternate between these two

188 CAL
8F
1 CARB
24.5 P

or
232 CAL
7.5 F
24 CARB
18 P

Meal #6 (9:00PM):
Homemade Frappuccino or Brown Rice Cereal w/ Banana
Frappuccino has in it
fat free milk, all natural peanut butter, 1 scoop mocha, ice, ~10g whey protein powder

286.5 CAL
18.5 CARB
11 F
34 P

or

250 CAL
52.5 CARB
10 P

Total Calories a day is either:
1890.5 Calories
138 CARB
83 F
154 P

or

1898 Calories
195 CARB
71.5 F
123.5 P

I appreciate everyone reading this thread, its been a long road for me to get into shape. I remember when I was drinking 3 mountain dews a day and chomping on candy bars and eating FAST FOOD basically 2 times a day. When I first started getting into shape back in June 05, I was extremely uneducated (I was only eating 2 times a day-doing no free weights-basically starving myself). With the help of this diet forum and just reading posts I have learned soooooo much. Thanks again guys.

mbcrump said:
I've tried to make this post easy to read because I know how busy everyone is, so here goes.

Info about myself:
I have a BMR of 1919.25 (26 year old Male, 6'2 at 175 lbs)
If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
1919.25 * 1.55= 2974 This is the total number of calories you need in order to maintain your current weight.

Exercise Routine:
I jog 3 days a week for 45 minutes at 6 MPH / 4.0 Incline
I lift free weights (compound lifts like deadlifts/squats/benchpress/curls/military press/row) 3 days a week for ~30 minutes
I do machine weights (like butterfly, lateral raise, cable pull-down, hammer abs) 3 days a week for ~20 minutes

Yes, Cyrex I quit my cardio 5 days a week. =) You should be happy, that was hard for me to give up

My Personal Goals:
Right now I want a six-pack. Me and my wife finally saved up enough $$$ to goto Mexico in April, I want to look my best with my shirt off. Later on, I'd like to be a better runner and become more muscular.

Some Pics of where I'm at now:
Jan 06 @ 175lbs with 34 size pants
Sorry I don't have a more updated pic, but hopefully that gives you can ideal.
If you want to see what I looked like at 226 LBS =) size 42 pants click here

My meals for this week:

Meal #1 (6:30AM-7AM):
Homemade Protein shake
half can of yogurt, fat free milk, 1 tablespoon anpb, half of banana, ice, 20g whey protein powder, 1 teaspoon of flax seed oil
480 calories
17.5 F
44.5 CARB
31.5 P

Meal #2 (9AM): 2 oz of Nuts - typically peanuts
340 CAL
28 F
10 CARB
16 P

Meal #3 (11AM): I cut up this chicken myself not the tyson stuff. I know you would ask DZLS =)
Chicken Strips / Brown Rice / Peas / Carrots
270 CAL
2.5 F
37 CARB
28 P

Meal #4 (2PM):
Homemade Protein Bars
whey protein, oatmeal, few chocolate chips, ANPB, eggs, milk
326 CAL
16F
27 CARB
20 P

Meal #5 (6:00PM):
3 Egg Whites/1 Egg Whole with chopped up turkey breast and shredded lowfat cheese or Turkey Breast with cheese and whole wheat pita

188 CAL
8F
1 CARB
24.5 P

or
232 CAL
7.5 F
24 CARB
18 P

Meal #6 (9:00PM):
Homemade Frappuccino or Brown Rice Cereal w/ Banana
Frappuccino has in it
fat free milk, all natural peanut butter, 1 scoop mocha, ice, ~10g whey protein powder

286.5 CAL
18.5 CARB
11 F
34 P

or

250 CAL
52.5 CARB
10 P

Total Calories a day is either:
1890.5 Calories
138 CARB
83 F
154 P

or

1898 Calories
195 CARB
71.5 F
123.5 P

I appreciate everyone reading this thread, its been a long road for me to get into shape. I remember when I was drinking 3 mountain dews a day and chomping on candy bars and eating FAST FOOD basically 2 times a day. When I first started getting into shape back in June 05, I was extremely uneducated (I was only eating 2 times a day-doing no free weights-basically starving myself). With the help of this diet forum and just reading posts I have learned soooooo much. Thanks again guys.

First off congratulations on your accomplishment. Nice job, great turnaroud in lifestyle.

As far as your post/goals, you state you want a six pack. You must understand, that by doing this you will basically have to be happy with your current muscle. The diet involved to get a 6 pack is not conducive to muscle growth.

In fact, there is a good chance that you may well lose a little of the lean tissue you now have with the diet needed. This is normally inevitable with the natural athlete.

As a personal observation, and there is no easy way to put this, I have seen many times that a guy that is really "lean" and a six pack does not look all that great. In your picture, you look fairly lean. I think you would look better with a bit more muscle tone, forget the six pack and try a bit of a lean gain.

Just my 2 cents, and hope it is taken as constuctive criticism, which it is meant as.

I second that comment.....building some lean muscle should be the first step...then cutting later. Since you are going on vacation soon, if might be sort of tough to get the six pack look(to get the pack, you have to lower your body fat)...think about doing some heavy bulking after the summer..then cutt up during spring, and by next summer you can have a nice lean body all together and a GREAT six pack!

-Good luck

Lifterforlife, How does my exercise/diet look to you? I agree with your comments completely. I do need more muscle, its just I really wanted a tight stomach. Do you think doing cardio 3 times a week will stop my muscle growth? I have determined that this week I'm going to hit the weights harder than before.
BTW, in order for me to gain muscle does this mean I'll have to eat more? Because as it is, I'm constantly full.

Muscle growth is inhibited by not having a positive nitrogen balance... lack of protein. Carbohydrates are key, as well as fats in building muscle. Cardio sometimes (depending on meal timing) can eat away at muscle. Hitting the weights, intensly and heavy... with lower reps will help build/maintain muscle.

You've got to decide whether you want to keep loosing weight... or start putting on weight. Putting it on in the right places by lifting hard and heavy though with compound movements.... it takes time like anything.

WHOA!

You've 175lb and only eating 120-150 grams of protein... not enough, even for a cutting diet. Cut out some carbs and increase protein to cut, or just increase protein if you decide you want to put on some beef.

Well, being heavy before, you have to be more dilligent about your gaining. In your case, keeping some of the cardio in may not be a bad idea. If you are not seeing much in the way of gains in a few weeks, then you can cut back on your cardio or add more calories. You do need more protein by the way.

Normally I would say to cut back, but again, bodybuilding is not a team sport, and everyone has different circumstances.

See, your situation is bit unique. Being "heavy", most have more propensity to want to gain back fat more preferentially over muscle, so you have to be careful. Typically, as a result of the tough dieting, certain factors such as a lowered metabolism, lowered testosterone and raised cortisol, and possibly reduction in thyroid output all lead to an unfavorable gain.

Hope this does not discourage you, just meant to enlighten. These are just reasons your situation is a bit more unique than a naturally lean person, and why I don't recommend immediate removal of cardio immediately.

Thanks everyone, I've actually been discouraged most of this month. I just can't figure out what the hell to do. I want the abs really bad, but I also know I need the muscle. Since each of these require different training, I've tried to do both (with jogging/lifting weights), but that didn't work as planned. I'll change up my goals to gaining lean mass and shoot for abs later on.

first off well done on the weight loss

judging by the pictures alone you (in my opinion) should bulk diet; lift hard and heavy...gain some mass

for me personally its good so see such results in weight loss cause im trying to cut

Top Bottom