Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please help me on my bulking diet!

Sim882

I have been doing weights for about 4 months, am 5 foot 6 and weight 147 pounds, have about 9% bf and mild six pack, have good definition everywhere except back and decided that I wan't to bulk (my back and chest in particular are smaller than I want)

This is my proposed bulking diet - I don't want my bf to creep up to high, so I'm trying to be as clean as possible. Is it OK? Are my ratios OK? Too much carbs? I'm a new to bulking and want to gain about 10-15 pounds of muscle.
Note, because of a migraine condition, I cannot eat certain healthy foods, such as whey protein (MSG), cheese, and legumes, nuts and many other foods

Bulking Diet
Meal 1
1 cup oat bran
1 glass skim milk
1 egg

Protein 34
Fat 14
Carbs 68.64634146
Calories 536.5853659

(Note, is it OK that only 18 grams of protein here is complete, and 16 grams comes from the oat bran which I thought was complementary with milk)

Meal 2 and 3
100 gram sweet potatoe or sweet corn
400 gram frozen veggie mix (brocolli, carrots, red peppers, couliflower)
100 grams pumpkin
120 grams tuna or chicken breast or kangaroo (a low fat Australian wild game which is similar in iron, zinc content to beef but leaner)
5 grams flax
6 grams fish oil
Protein 40
Fat 14
Carbs 47
Calories 474

Meal 4 (pre work out)

This is same as meal 1

Meal 5 (post work out)
2 glasses skim milk
4 egg whites
2 tablespoon dextrose

Protein 35
Fat 0
Carbs 60
Calories 380

Meal 6 (before bed)
150 grams salmon
100 gram sweet potatoes

Protein 31.5
Carbs 17.64705882
Fat 15
Calories 331.5882353

TOTALS
Grams %
FAT 71 0.233829623
Carbs 306.9397418 0.449274518
Protein 216.5 0.316895859
Calories 2732.758967

Replace oat bran with 100% rolled oats

post workout needs to be better, skim milk is not the greatest thing for pwo as its more slow absorbing. why can't you use whey with a migraine condition? I have a migraine condition and have had 4 scoops whey in a given day before without any complications..

poysyn said:
Replace oat bran with 100% rolled oats

post workout needs to be better, skim milk is not the greatest thing for pwo as its more slow absorbing. why can't you use whey with a migraine condition? I have a migraine condition and have had 4 scoops whey in a given day before without any complications..

I've just started following the "heal your headache" migraine book by Dr Bucholz. I have had an endless headache (as in 24 hours a day without a second break) since November 2005.

In his book he warns against potential MSG sources. apparently the hydroylsis process in whey liberates MSG, and is therefore a headache trigger according to the book (i..e., their not adding but liberating MSG).

I'm so desparate with the headaches - they are affecting my career - that it takes precedence over bulking.

BUt I accept your criticism, and may just use egg whites and dextrose? I thought about potatoes and tuna, but I'm imagining egg whites will be faster absorbing than whole food?

Top Bottom