Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PLEASE Help me Lose Weight! I am so fricken Fat - Serious Advice Please.

Buy.com has it 15 bucks SHIPPED and it is about as cheap as it gets.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=30469254&loc=106

Well the switch should be ok as long as you are working out and eating good and around your maintainence calorie. If you do choose to do so, you might want to slowly ease into it (adding carb into your diet). Just give you body a week or two time to get used to it.

I personally haven't done such a switch and can't tell you exactly what it will do to your body. But I DOUBT that it will result in massive weight gain as long as you are careful of your caloric intake.

However, even if you are doing Atkins to lose your 45-65 pound, you still should be lifting pretty hard and doing cardio during that time period. That will help you to start buliding muscle and keep your metabolism high and burn more calories.

Good luck.

K.I.S.S.

I'm a firm believer in the "Keep It Simple Stupid" method.

In that regard, I think the simplest thing for you to do would be to pick up a copy of Bill Phillips' "Body for Life." Follow it down to the letter... you WILL see results. Good luck.

Re: K.I.S.S.

Cuts said:
I'm a firm believer in the "Keep It Simple Stupid" method.

In that regard, I think the simplest thing for you to do would be to pick up a copy of Bill Phillips' "Body for Life." Follow it down to the letter... you WILL see results. Good luck.

Will the results be as fast and effective as Atkins? Also, is it healthier then Atkins?

Like it was said earlier, I have heard so many diets its been so confusing. But Body for Life has been echoed throughout these forums constantly. :)

So, final consensus, Body For Life Diet, Atkins Diet, Caveman Diet, or Mayo Clinic Diet. Those are my final ones that I have narrowed it down to.

Anyone?? :) Or will i just get tons of different opinions again? ;) To choice from everyone though seems Body for Life & Atkins. :)

A couple points about the straight Atkins diet -- the first 2 weeks are gonna suck the big one while you try to push yourself into ketosis. 20 g carbs for 2 straights weeks -- by day 3 you'll be walking around like a zombie. The idea is that your body needs to adapt to using ketones (a byproduct of processing protein in the liver) instead of carbs for energy. This is all well and good, but while your body is adapting, it sucks. This could easily be a point where you would just say "screw it" and slap together a nice ham sandwich on white bread w/ mayo. Once you get into ketosis, I guess its not so bad because your body is adapted and then you see the fat drop off.

Another catch is the straight Atkins seems to let you eat all sorts of fat shit -- bacon, etc. etc. etc. Fats are good -- that is, GOOD fats are good. Not ALL fats. What you want is something that is a lifestyle change that you can maintain for the rest of your life - not just during an all-out effort to dump some poundage.

And lastly, what happens when you reach your goal or whatever point you decide to come off the Atkins diet? If you figure you're done, bring on the carbs --- KABOOM! You just blew up again because your body isnt' used to handling massive amounts of carbs. So you have to stick to your maintenance levels.

You'd have to read more about it -- but these are some of the points that I feel are against the Atkins diet. I just dont' think its a healthy approach to a lifestyle that supports long-term weight loss & maintenance. If you want to go the keto route, I think CrumCake's diet will lead you that way. Or do a search on CKD - cyclic ketogenic diet. This allows carb ups.

Body For Life is a great way to better learn how to do diet and because there is a list of foods you can use to build a balanced menu each day without getting bored, its a nice way to ease into it if you dont' have good eating habits now. (e.g. the 6 meals / day, what food, etc.)

Me personally, I've seen awesome results on people using the Beverly International approach (www.bodybuildingworld.com). This is generally a 3 day carb rotation diet, keeping the carbs low a la keto, but with a carb up as your last meal on the 3rd day. Another thing I like is that the portions are small and it doesn't skimp on the fats that you need to maintain energy.

Just some thoughts.... good luck!

I say go on a SKD (atkins, basically) for about 6 weeks. That should drop around 20 lbs. Then use something like BFL and stick to it. Use the Keto to get close to where you want to be (230), then switch up to a more long-term plan. The way I see it, you'll get extremely quick results with the SKD, then when you see shit workin' you'll be more focused and apt to stick with a lifestyle change in diet and excercise.

Kid Dynamite said:
I say go on a SKD (atkins, basically) for about 6 weeks. That should drop around 20 lbs. Then use something like BFL and stick to it. Use the Keto to get close to where you want to be (230), then switch up to a more long-term plan. The way I see it, you'll get extremely quick results with the SKD, then when you see shit workin' you'll be more focused and apt to stick with a lifestyle change in diet and excercise.

The only thing I'm afraid of, as it was mentioned earlier, is if I switch from Atkins to the balanced Body for Life diet, then my weight will pack back on and I will lose a majority of the weight I lost, and it will be along like starting all over again. If I did go on atkins I would be on it until I hit 200 lbs or so (lost 60 lbs). Which may take 6 months to a year. Then I would switch gradually. But It seems that the 'switch' will add tons of weight real fast.

So I really don't know what to do. It seems like the long term thing to do is to just go with Body for Life and stick to that diet for years and the weight will just disappear after a year or two and I'll be at my goal. You know?

But It seems that the 'switch' will add tons of weight real fast.

That could only occur if you eat more than maintenance calories.

You'll just have to count your calories for a while until you can judge proper portion sizes for your meals.

SirMack said:

The only thing I'm afraid of, as it was mentioned earlier, is if I switch from Atkins to the balanced Body for Life diet, then my weight will pack back on and I will lose a majority of the weight I lost, and it will be along like starting all over again. If I did go on atkins I would be on it until I hit 200 lbs or so (lost 60 lbs). Which may take 6 months to a year. Then I would switch gradually. But It seems that the 'switch' will add tons of weight real fast.

So I really don't know what to do. It seems like the long term thing to do is to just go with Body for Life and stick to that diet for years and the weight will just disappear after a year or two and I'll be at my goal. You know?

You'll gain the weight back if you go back to old habits. That's why you switch to a BFL type plan, it's something that will have a long impact on your health and diet. Why do you think a switch to a different type of diet would cause all the weight to come back?

I went ahead and purchased teh Body for Life book from BUy.com, its an awesome price, with free shipping & no tax. I'm going to read through that and start with it and see what happens. :)

Top Bottom