Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

please help:i want to return to 'normal'

denzig

up until eight months ago,i had been overweight my whole life(all of 15 years).then i made the change,and now im almost at the end of my 'diet'.i made some dumb descicions ,like not eating breakfast and severe calory restricion(like about 700per day)but now i feel like i'm almost through.the problem is,im not cut out for this,i do not know how much longer i can stand counting calories and worrying about food,you see my willpower is absolute,in 8 months time,i have 'cheated' perhaps twice.interestingly,i dont own scales,never have and i never will.my question is:how can i recover? i just want to be able to eat normally(although healthy foods,and i dont eat meat except chicken an tuna)im still not exactly happy with my body,but im easily normal weight
here are my vitals:age 16
height:6:2
i ride mtn bikes; and lift weights 3x a week
meals:breakfast half cup of oats/wheatgerm/rasins and milk(i dont drink it,just to soak the oats)
lunch:bean or tuna sandwich with some veg
snack:apple
dinner:changes,but its always small
i drink alot of water and 2-3 cups of coffee a day. any help would be much appreciataed

Bro, you probably got fat from eating fast food and snacks. That's how it happens to all of us. It's really hard to get fat if you are eating foods that you know are healthy and your remain active.

I'd recommend that you continue to watch your carbohydrate intake but greatly increase your protein. You'll find that you can eat an awful lot of chicken, red meat and tuna without changing your waistline...there's no need to go hungry all of the time.

Try going to www.fitday.com and see how many calories that you are eating. You can use their tools to figure out how much you can/should be eating every day. You'll find a lot of good diet plans here but fitday is a good place to start.

You're only eating 4 times a day, and I wouldn't even count that apple as a meal. Try eating 5-6 times a day. You shouldn't eat that apple alone. Have some whey protein with it or something.

Try taking an ECA stack and doing cardio in the morning before you eat, then wait an hour and have your breakfast. Make sure you're getting 1g protein per 1lb of bodyweight.

Just changing the type of bread you eat with your tuna or bean sandwich (I would recommend always having the tuna however) will make a difference. If you are using white bread, try switching to a whole grain bread, not enriched grains. Stay looow on the GI chart.

Hope that helps you out some.

Since you obviously aren't trying to get ripped or contest shape, take it easy a little bit. You are putting too much pressure on yourself and its totally unneccessary. If you want to continue to lose weight at a steady pace, without going crazy then follow a few necessary rules and the rest is pretty much easy.

Get a rough estimate of calories. Do this for a few weeks, and eventually you'll be able to "eye" most foods, knowing how much you're getting. Aim for between 10-12x your bodyweight in calories. You said you were doing a 700cal starvation diet, IF you just came off this type of diet, take a week off. You've most likely screwed up your metabolism temporarily and a week off of eating at maintenance calories should help. Aim for around 15-16x your bodyweight, get 1g protein per lb. bodyweight, some fats, and lots of carbs. This should last 1 week only IF you recently were doing a starvation diet. Now, for the rest of your diet.

aim to eat 3-6 meals a day (5-6 meals is not necessary), whatever you choose makes no difference, stick with what you prefer, what you can fit into your schedule, etc. Try to make them evenly spaced as to keep positive nitrogen balance since u should be eating protein in every meal.

Get 1 gram of protein per lb. of bodyweight. Since you don't know your bf%, stick with total weight. Whatever you weight, eat that many grams of protein in a day. Divide this protein evenly into each meal. For example, if you weighed 200lbs, and ate 4 meals a day, each meal would contain 50g protein.

Next, aim for around 25% of calories in your diet to be from fat. Fats should generally be from those found in meats, olive oil, fish oils, and nuts.

The rest of the calories do not matter, as long as calories in are less then calories expended. Having said that, try to get foods from healthy sources, but if you want bread, eat it. As long as its with protein in one of your planned meals, and calories are below maintenance.

Take at least 1 day off of the diet a week. Eat what you want and enjoy yourself, try to keep fat fairly low if possible, but eat what you want.

Train with weights 3x a week.

thankyou.i do not actually own scales,for some reason that im unsure of.this diet has severly messed me up,i cannot ride for long anymore,my muscles are so weak now.essentially what you are saying is to slowly build up eating,until getting to the level you perscribed?so for example i would eat a bit more for this coming week,then a bit more ect. until im eating around the amount you sugested?
also,whn i do finally just return,would it be feasible for me to eat healthy foods,on a limited basis(dieting has shown me alot)and i probably should maintain weight?

I just went on that website and it sucks.

I dont know where they get there info from but it told me 6 eggs was 107 grms of protien i wish!

No, just eat like you're dying next week. Then start your diet. You want your metabolism to wake the hell up b/c you basically put it to sleep from starving yourself. Once it's up and revving, then start your diet at 10x-12x your bodyweight. I realize that 5-6 meals may not be essential, but it is highly recommended. 3 just won't cut it.

ok,but it will be hard.you see, this has been a big turning point for me,i have come so far,and it is hard to get inside my head the idea that i need to eat more.im doing this for lots of reasons,but mostly because i want to see an end ,i want to be able to do normal teenage things,and right now i'm so obssesive i cant.

Big j XXL said:
I dont know where they get there info from but it told me 6 eggs was 107 grms of protien i wish!

If you're talking about fitday then you aren't watching your measurements. Eggs are about 18 grams per CUP, not per egg.

I'd agree that you do need to have a food scale and whatnot to translate their numbers into something useful.

get a food scale to get an idea of calories. Do this for at least a few weeks, then in the future you can pretty much "eye" your food and have an idea of where you are at.

5-6 meals IS ABSOLUTELY UNNCESSESARY for someone like you. The only time it MIGHT matter is for a competetive bodybuilder with VERY LOW bodyfat, and even this is debatable. Anyone who keeps up to date on studies would know theres essentially no difference in terms of fat/weight loss in 3 vs. 6 meals. Even Lyle McDonald has addressed this issue and did an overview of some of the research. The 5-6 meals is good if it allows you to control calories better, but isn't neccessary for your goals. I usually aim for 4 meals, which is easy enough to follow, eating every 4 hours.

If possible increase calories as soon as possible. If its physical and u just can't then increase gradually. If it is psychological then try to realize that what u were doing (very low cals) is screwing up your body, its wrong, and that by taking this week of high cals, your taking a step in fixing what you did wrong.

Top Bottom