Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pintoca Bulking Calculator

pintoca

Ok folks,

some people has been asking for this one for a while now and yesterday I got a PM asking again for it... since most of the work was done already, it was just a matter of tweaking a couple of things.

As usual, type in your body weight and body fat%.

It will show you your caloric intake for bulking, based on 3 different methods, you can pick any of the three you like or the average (READ the comments on the cells). You can also manually increase the cals.

It will also calculate some estimate weight/LBM gains (but this you will need to compare to your real results, this is no cristal ball).

Finally, a word of caution: If you are jumping to bulking straight from a cutting diet, spend 1~2 weeks first at TDEE level, as not to increase too fast your cals.

The file is virus-free and macro free. It is also unprotected so you can modify it as you wish.

Bulking Calculator

Pintoca

bran987 said:
what the hell is a TDEE multiple??????? :confused:

It's a value (Activity Factor) that represents how active you are. The options are in the comments:

Sedentary: 1,2
Lightly Active: 1,375 (1-3 days week)
Mod. Active: 1,55 (3-5 days/week)
Very Active: 1,725 (Hard 6-7 days/week)
Extr. Active: 1,9 Hard Daily

This multiplier convert your BMR in your TDEE (since TDEE is basically your Basal Metabolic Rate by an Activity factor)

pintoca said:
Extr. Active: 1,9 Hard Daily

This multiplier convert your BMR in your TDEE (since TDEE is basically your Basal Metabolic Rate by an Activity factor)
oh

really? if you work out everyday you would almost double your BMR? wow

The calculator looks good: just a couple of questions/comments:

- What is the formula for working out body efficiency?

- The TDEE multiplier would differ with each individual not only depending on their activity level but also on their body type. For example, ectomorphs would require a much higher TDEE multiplier than mesomorphs or endomorphs, so I'd recommend experimenting with this amount until you find one that suits both your activity level AND your body type.

|D_J^B_J| said:
The calculator looks good: just a couple of questions/comments:

- What is the formula for working out body efficiency?

- The TDEE multiplier would differ with each individual not only depending on their activity level but also on their body type. For example, ectomorphs would require a much higher TDEE multiplier than mesomorphs or endomorphs, so I'd recommend experimenting with this amount until you find one that suits both your activity level AND your body type.

The body efficiency is just a term I used for the following:

Theorically: Every 3500 cals you create in deficit or surplus, should equal 1 lb of fat lost or LBM gained.

However, anybody who has dieted for some time knows this is not the case. This number basically shows, as a %, how much tissue is lost/created for every 3500 cals.

There is no formula for it, you need to:

1. Know exactly what deficit/surplus you are creating with diet/training
2. Know exactly what you are loosing and gaining

with this in hand, you are able to set a trend.

if you have a 7000 cals surplus per week and you are not gaining 2 lbs, but 1... then you know your "body efficiency" is 50%.

This efficiency number is the way I found to solve the Ecto-Endo Problem... Ectos will have a much lower efficiency number than Endos (who gain weight easier) in the Bulking Calculator and a higher efficiency number (because they loose weight easier) in the Cutting calculator.

This was also in the Cutting calculator, amazing nobody asked before. :)

So there you have it, the logic behind it...

bran987 said:
oh

really? if you work out everyday you would almost double your BMR? wow

Yes, simply because BMR is just the amount of calories your body burns by doing absoolutely nothing all day: It is the cost of being alive and performing your body functions...

Once you start moving, you burn calories....

Think about it: just being a sedentary person, already adds 20% on top.

BTW, I didn't invent these figures, they are well known from the Harris-Benedict and Katch-McArdle studies.

pintoca said:
The body efficiency is just a term I used for the following:

Theorically: Every 3500 cals you create in deficit or surplus, should equal 1 lb of fat lost or LBM gained.

However, anybody who has dieted for some time knows this is not the case. This number basically shows, as a %, how much tissue is lost/created for every 3500 cals.

There is no formula for it, you need to:

1. Know exactly what deficit/surplus you are creating with diet/training
2. Know exactly what you are loosing and gaining

with this in hand, you are able to set a trend.

if you have a 7000 cals surplus per week and you are not gaining 2 lbs, but 1... then you know your "body efficiency" is 50%.

This efficiency number is the way I found to solve the Ecto-Endo Problem... Ectos will have a much lower efficiency number than Endos (who gain weight easier) in the Bulking Calculator and a higher efficiency number (because they loose weight easier) in the Cutting calculator.

This was also in the Cutting calculator, amazing nobody asked before. :)

So there you have it, the logic behind it...

I'm assuming the surplus/deficit is relative to TDEE, not BMR... correct? This means that the TDEE multiplier needs to be accuate.

If I lift 4 days a week, do light cardio 2 days a week but do no other strenuous activities throughout the day, would I still mutliply by 1.725?

Top Bottom