Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is pepper as bad as salt?

Zeynalov

Salt is a water retainer, so we should avoid using itin foods. But what about spices like paprika and black pepper? Orcurry? Are these as bad, or I can use them freely? I really need themto give taste to my food. If no, what healthy ways of spicing thingsup you know?

Moderation is key, so as @stevesmi has said - there is no need to fear salt, as we also need it in certain amounts. So avoiding it completely is not healthy either. There is nothing to fear with pepper, unless you have ulcera issues.

Moderation is key. Salt is not the enemy. TOO much salt is the problem.

Spices like black pepper, paprika, oregano etc. have no calories and actually have a lot of health properties. You can (and should!) include them to your meals.

Tumeric for example is a fantastic natural anti-inflmattory. Cinnamon has been shown to help improve blood glucose levels etc.

I use a bunch of different seasonings including salt. You have to look at salt over your entire diet. It is fine to use it as long as you don't load up every single meal. Pepper is a great one to use anytime.

Top Bottom