Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

People tell me I am taking too much protein

Snatch518

I weight about 142 lbs and I take in about 180g of protein a day. The people I've talked to said that most of it is going to waste because for my weight I can only take in about 100-120g of protein a day, the rest is just excreated. I thought this wasn't true though. When I told them the big timers who weigh in the 200's take in 400g of protein a day, they came back saying, they use steriods which makes the protein react different making none of it go to waste. So what's the real deal? Am I wasting protein?

diamonddiceclay said:
you could take in 500g a day of protein, you'd just get bigger

Well there comes a point where too much is too much. I think 500g ED would be detrimental for someone 140lbs.

Thaibox said:
Did these people tell you this before or after their arm swings with the little pink dumbells? :rolleyes:

LMAO. Just make sure you break down the protein inbetween your meals not 180grams a one time a week, 4 meals with 45 grams of protein should be fine.

tell them to prove it! Tell them to show you one study that shows a healthy athlete can only take in such a small amount of protien

At the end of the day its you who needs to do the research and the "proving." Its your body.

500 grams a day and you´ll only get bigger? Forget that, 5000 a day. You´ll as big as...as...ARNOLD!:rolleyes:

There is no such thing as an arbitrary number of grams of protein that one person can consume, the bare minimum should be 1g/lb of bodyweight. Too much is better than too little, as a rule, i shoot for 1-1.5g/lb of bodyweight. Whoever fed you that crap needs their head examined.

Top Bottom