Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Peeling the shell off eggs...wtf

Stiffler

This is really starting to piss me off. I boil 30 eggs every sunday to last me the week. lately i wake up and take 6 out of the refridgerator to eat for breakfast and when i go to peel them the frickin shell peels off into little flakes, I mean it takes me like 2 minutes to peel each egg. this never really happened before.

any suggestions on why they are doing this?:(

peel them under the water - it should be easier. If you prefer, you can even do it with boiling water, it should be even easier.
seriously - it underwater works.

Try this

Hey Bro,

An old resturant trick is to tap the egg slightly with a knife, or some such other similar instument before boiling. This allows a this film of water to surround the egg between shell, thus making the task of pelling ever so much easier. Try it I think you'll be pleased with the results.

Good luck!

Mort

hey thanks BD, but does anybody think its because maybe i cook them to long or don't cook them long enough, I boil them for 18-20 minutes, how long do u boil yours for?:rolleyes:

Try this

Hey Bro,

An old resturant trick is to tap the egg slightly with a knife, or some such other similar instument, producing a small crack in the shell before boiling. This allows a this film of water to surround the egg between shell, thus making the task of pelling ever so much easier. Try it I think you'll be pleased with the results.

Good luck!

Mort

Try this

Hey Bro,

An old resturant trick is to tap the egg slightly with a knife, or some such other similar instument before boiling. This allows a this film of water to surround the egg between shell, thus making the task of pelling ever so much easier. Try it I think you'll be pleased with the results.

Good luck!

Mort

hey mort that sounds like a good idea cause i noticed that when an egg is cracked while boiling it peels real easy...

THANKS BRO! I'll give it a try on the next batch:D

eggs

It takes less than ten minutes to boil an egg, but since you boil so many at once it may take a little longer to get them all done. I boil as I eat, about 4-5 at a time because I think they taste better when hot.

As far as peeling, I run cold tap water over the eggs right after boiling for a minute or so, then by the time I sit down to eat them they peel nicely.

How Mom taught me...

These works, it's no trick.
COOK the egg, DO NOT BOIL it!!!

1) Put the eggs in the pan,
2) fill with water just above the egg line,
3) put in a Tbsp or 2 of vinegar,
4) bring to a low boil, not rolling, just slight, little bubbles
5) COOK for 13 minutes,
6) voila, your eggs are completely cooked AND they did not heat so quickly and expand against the shell!
7) cool them with cold water,
8) hold the egg in your palm-facing the counter/cutting board,
9) gently smash the egg against the counter and roll fwd and back,
10) EASILY and QUICKLY PEEL with no problem.

Not sure what the hell the vinegar does, but this always works for easy peeling. I usually have a complete-intact shell when I peel.

Rugger

Top Bottom