Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are peanut butter sandwiches bad?? (high fat + high carb combo)

dEgeNeRaTe8211

PB sandwiches are soooooo good and they're really easy to take with you on the run when ur not at home to prepare something to eat. i remembered something from a post i read a while back about how it is bad to have a high carb, high fat meal combo. but that may have been a high fat, high GI carb combo...i'm not sure. well can someone please clarify this for me?? thanx.

When you eat carbs you body uses them as fuel, trhus stopping the stored fat buringing process for a wee bit. By eating fat and carbs at the same time, your body will always use the carbs and store the fat...
never eat the two together....

Gen--if you're not on a keto diet, and the bread has fiber (don't eat fluffy white stuff) a peanut butter sandwich isn't going to hurt you.. Remember, peanut butter is also protein, not just fat. Don't eat 6 a day, but a couple a week will be fine. You're probably burning it off, at your age and activity level.

Gorky--do a search on keto dieting. IF you eat the right proportion of fat to protein (ie lots more fat than protein) your body uses fat, both dietary and body, as fuel.

Oh man hehe

Wow I love my metabolism, when I'm bulking I have a pbj about 2 or 3 times a day :) ehhehe
Either that or a peanut butter/bannanna sandwich... mmmm can't wait for carb up weekend, bpj and cappacino *sp* yeah thats good stuff!

so i got two totally different answers from ColumboWeiser and keiko. i see that both of u have logical explanations for your side of the argument...but which is correct??

We are both right...if you are looking to cut up, avoid it..if you are bulking or tring to add mass, do not worry about it...:D Hope this helps...

PB sandwiches won't hurt you in general though I'd recommend getting some protein in with it. I never eat my PB sandwiches alone though, I always have them with a protein shake or chicken breasts. It all comes down to calories(why must I always have to resort to this) though some meal combos are preferable to others. I guarantee that if all you ate was PB sandwiches but you were still below your BMR then you would still lose weight. The difference is that if you didn't get enough protein some of that weight would be in the form of muscle and not just fat.

I eat PB sandwiches all the time and I went back to the "bad" peanut butter and noticed no difference in weight loss. I also add low sugar jelly for the full PB&J effect. The jelly only has like 10 calories a tbsp so it doesn't effect the diet at all. The only reason you should choose natural peanut butter is for health reasons, not weight loss. I've tried both and the results were identical.

I'm cutting on an Isocaloric diet with great success and I eat peanut butter sandwiches.

Like I said, IF you're on a keto diet, you don't want to eat low-fiber bread.

IF you're cutting on Anabolic or Isocaloric, go ahead.

Don't you people read?

thanx for the clarification and stuff. see i was just thinking ahead...during the school year, i'd like to have a PB sandwich for lunch cuz its easy to make and easy to bring from home. u know how u cant really crack open a can of tuna in the cafeteria. so i guess i'll have like a protein bar or something with the sandwiches.

Top Bottom