Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Papetti 100% Egg Whites vs. Egg Whites?

r0dx

This boogles me...I buy both eggs and Papetti 100% egg whites...

I usually do like 6 egg whites + 1-2 yolks...

Anyways I dont understand this, Papetti Egg Whites has 1g of carbs per serving which is basically equivalent to 30 cal, 6g protein

The ingredients say "100% egg whites" and thats it. Where is the 1g carb from? Just curious...I dont see any carbs in regular eggs?!

whole eggs have roughly 1 g carbohydrate in them as well (check your carton) the carboydrate is a glycoprotein found in the eggwhite called advidin

Cutt29 said:
whole eggs have roughly 1 g carbohydrate in them as well (check your carton) the carboydrate is a glycoprotein found in the eggwhite called advidin

so these are perfectly fine to have 1-2x a day? as opposed to regular egg whites out of the shell? They money factor doesnt bother me, i like the convience...

yea 2 differences one positve and the other negative
pos- pasturized so you can eat them raw without devoping a biotin definciences from the advidin
neg-price (which you do not care about)

Cutt29 said:

checked the carton - Total Carbohydrates: 0g

r0dx said:
checked the carton - Total Carbohydrates: 0g

...most egg replacement products like egg beaters are 99% with 1g carb... the 100% stuff is 0g carb & normally used for whipping and baking though probably just as good if you're mixing w/ yolks...

Cutt29 said:

...where'd the carbs go in the 100% egg whites? :worried:

devcon said:
...most egg replacement products like egg beaters are 99% with 1g carb... the 100% stuff is 0g carb & normally used for whipping and baking though probably just as good if you're mixing w/ yolks...

I have 100% egg whites and for each 30 cal serving there is 1g carb!!! wtfffffffffffffff

devcon said:

who makes your eggwhites that don't list the carbs...I use eggology 100% eggwhites and they have one gram of carbohydrate listed, my guess would be that whomever makes your eggwhites just is not listing the carb because it is insignificant, i have seen some that list 1 gram others that lis <1gram and some that list 0g...but are you honestly worried about 1 g of carbohydrate? :rolleyes:

LOL not really worried...just confused...

I'm trying to get my diet perfecto, since I'm doing a show in 6 weeks. Just wondering if have 10 servings of these a day (10g carbs) would matter? I usually like to keep carbs from good sources, but I guess as long as it doesn't spike insulin, should be fine right?

don't be confused, its simple the carb is insignificant some labels choose to include it some don't

Top Bottom