Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Overfeeding Days (calories?)

HarmsWayBC

I've lost around 80-83 pounds over the past 20 months and have made the transition from powerlifting to bodybuilding.....(from 246-247 to 162-164)......i've done CKD Diets, Zone type diets, and other forms of underfeeding to get the fat off.....now, i need to lose that last little bit for a full, clearly defined set of abs....

I lift 6 days a week (3 days on, 1 day off, repeat) and do 20-30 minutes of cardio followed by a 10-30 min. sauna. Under the advice of Par Deus (who is a very nice guy for always answering my nagging questions through email), i've employed overfeeding days every four days after three days of around 250 g of protein, 200 g of carbs, and 2100-2500 total calories......i usually put away 5,000 cals on my overfeeding days, sometimes even more. It doesn't seem to put any real weight back on me (except for water weight which always go away in a day).....believe it or not I'm usually still hungary after a day of eating 5,000+ cals......I think this is ok since i am probably below my fat set point (i am classic endomorph) and this probably keeps my leptin levels up. Starting in August, I will probably do an Anabolic or CKD type diet for 4 weeks to get ripped before i leave for school in September.

Here's my concerns:
Are my calories too high on the refeed days? 5,000+ cals sounds like a lot, but i'm still hungary and this is usually a sign of low leptin levels. Should my overfeeds be more frequent and or lower in cals?
It should be noted that i'm taking yohimbine, which can raise my body temp to 99-100 degrees. I was also considering doing a cycle of Lipokinetix....any ideas or advice would be appreciated!

Another thing.....I have ALWAYS had cheat days of big eating as i have dropped all this weight....the over feeds are not new to my diet, but i have only started to understand them!

Personally, if this is what Par Deus recommended, I'd stick with it.

He, Lyle and Elzi seem to have done more research and experimenting with refeeds than anyone else. He's also one of the "must reads" when he posts over on MFW.

I bought a bottle of Lipokinetix and was on it for 1 week. The side effects were too heavy and it completely threw off my training. I would suggest against it. The one week didn't yield any noticable results besides the fact that i felt like shit all the time. I'd stick with either Xenadrine or Adipo.

-- just a suggestion

Did Par Deus advise you to eat 5000+cals on refeed days? If he did that's fine, I would listen to him, he is extremely knowledgable and very kind as well. He is one of the best. However, just off the top of my head I would think that an amount of 3300 cals would be more along the lines of the reccom. I've read on MFW (around 20xtbw). Although no one knows for sure how many cals it takes to upregulate leptin levels for any particular individual, but I think 5000+cals a day seems to be way over what you need and may be stalling your progress. Try lowering your refeed amounts and see what happens for a week or two. Another suggestion is to try and up your cardio to 45 mins. Either way you did a great job already and congratulations on your success.

Top Bottom