Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Organic vs frozen veggies

dustinknox

[FONT=&quot]So there's a ton of studies out there and I wanted to see what some people around here thought on the matter. I'm not talking fresh organic, when I say fresh, but simply fressh picked, locally grown etc. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What is everyone's take on frozen vs. fresh veggies? Everything I've ever read is that the frozen is just as healthy if not healtier than fresh, and for obvious reasons last way longer as well. I recently started looking to eat a cleaner diet and have since incorporated frozen veggies in almost every meal with my protein, minus breakfast(greek yougart and fruit). My wife is a vegetarian as well, and she swears that for the 6 years shes been one, she has almost only eaten frozen and never had any health issues. I think only a few people have met her but she is a competive runner, and has been since turning vegetarian. She also has a very low BF % and never gets sick, ever, even when I am feeling like death.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I wouldn't say I am so much looking for bodybuilder breakdown, but more just a general feeling about them. Below are a few links to studies I found just googline fresh vs frozen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thoughts? [/FONT]

From a biochemistry standpoint there is no practical difference if they are both of the same initial quality. The freezing process just slows decomposition, and microbial growth. That said, my personal preference is fresh veggies.

So there's a ton of studies out there and I wanted to see what some people around here thought on the matter. I'm not talking fresh organic, when I say fresh, but simply fressh picked, locally grown etc.

What is everyone's take on frozen vs. fresh veggies? Everything I've ever read is that the frozen is just as healthy if not healtier than fresh, and for obvious reasons last way longer as well. I recently started looking to eat a cleaner diet and have since incorporated frozen veggies in almost every meal with my protein, minus breakfast(greek yougart and fruit). My wife is a vegetarian as well, and she swears that for the 6 years shes been one, she has almost only eaten frozen and never had any health issues. I think only a few people have met her but she is a competive runner, and has been since turning vegetarian. She also has a very low BF % and never gets sick, ever, even when I am feeling like death.

I wouldn't say I am so much looking for bodybuilder breakdown, but more just a general feeling about them. Below are a few links to studies I found just googline fresh vs frozen.

Thoughts?

Where are the links?

if you live 300 miles away from the supermarket or you live in a climate that doesn't support the ability to access fresh produce than 100% i would support you consuming frozen produce

however there is zero excuse otherwise to eat frozen anything. i consume fresh everything with the exception of fresh fish which is VACUUM SEAL and consume within 2-3 weeks max.

Top Bottom