Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is one post workout meal good enough?

chillin408

Recently i have been working out late at night,then consuming 50g protein along with 100 g carb post workout,then go to bed. Is this ok?? or will doing this hinder gains??

I use to always have the thought that u must eat at least 2 post workouts meals before bed, and i had great results doing that. but i hate waiting the 1.5-3 hours after the first postworkout to eat again,sometimes i have to stay up so late.

If it is detrimental,then i can workout earlier in the day,but if its not,i'd like to know so i wont worry about it then ill just workout at night.

hey bro, you can have one meal
but the protein has to be a blend
whey, casein, and soy
so it's a long lasting time released combo , this way you'll get a positive nitrogen balance
My 2cents
Mr.X

I would throw some solid protein in there so its slowly broken down and released into your bloodstream, while still gaining the benefits of the quick absorbtion of whatever protein you are using...

You could try a shake immediately following your workout, consisting of 40grams whey isolate and 50 grams dextrose(generally 0.8g.kg bodyweight). Say 30 minutes later then you could have your meal.

I've workout both later in the evening and in the morning, and I can say that I noticed an immediate difference training earlier in the day. My body really improved. IMO, the best time to train is 1-2 hours after your first meal. Wake up a 7 am, eat and train at 9:30-10 am. That would be the ideal situation. What is your schedule like?

Top Bottom