Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

One more time - plornive's modified carbohydrate cycling diet - MY IDEAL DIET!

plornive

START W/ DAY 7

Day 1:
70-80g low GI carbs, high protein, moderate fat
up to a 50% caloric deficit (at least 1200 calories)
high volume training (1st 1/3 of body)
45-60 minutes cardio
trace to small ketosis

Day 2:
80-90g low GI carbs, high protein, moderate fat
high volume training (2nd 1/3 of body)
45-60 minutes cardio
small to medium ketosis

Day 3:
1st half of day 40-50g carbs, lift, then 2nd half of day ~maintenance calories with lots of low GI carbs, moderate protein, low fat
high volume training (3rd 1/3 of body)
(30 minutes cardio optional)

Day 4:
~maintenance calories with lots of low GI carbs, moderate protein, low fat
no lifting

Day 5:
higher intensity lifting (1st 1/3 of body)

Day 6:
higher intensity lifting (2nd 1/3 of body)

Day 7:
60-70g low GI carbs, high protein, moderate fat
higher intensity lifting (3rd 1/3 of body)
45-60 minutes cardio
trace ketosis

REPEAT! (Remember to start with day 7 in the beginning)

SUMMARY:
***3.5 days of...
-low carbs,
-50% caloric deficit,
-light high-volume glycogen depleting workouts (not heavy, don't make yourself sore)
***3.5 days of...
-high carbs,
-slightly below, at or slightly above maintenance calories
-heavy low-volume workouts (to maintain your mass/strength/density)

TIPS:
***You will burn glycogen and fat during the glycogen depletion days. You won't lose much muscle since leptin will only start to get low at about the 3 day mark.
***You will burn fat while building some muscle and replenishing glycogen during the higher carb days.
***The higher carb days will reset your hormone levels, which will be somewhat effective even 3 days after switching to low carbs.
***There is at least a 25% caloric deficit total in this diet if you choose so, which means you will lose fat *quickly* while being able to lift heavy 3 days per week.
***Remember to not lift heavy on glycogen depletion days. This is simply to burn fat, deplete glycogen and possibly release growth hormone. It will set you up to recieve carbs with a low insulin response on higher carb days (this is why you should not eat high fat on the low-carb days).
***Remember to stick with low GI carbs for most of the higher carb days, but add some high GI carbs in the beginning to satisfy cravings and raise leptin.
***Add fish oil to every meal during the low-carb days.
***Eat 6 meals per day every day. Spread carbs as equally as you can throughout the day every day.
***Cottage cheese is a good food for low-carb days.:google:
***If you use a stimulant like EC or clenbuterol or even yohimbine, confine it to the three whole low-carb days. These stimulants all decrease insulin sensitivity, hindering glycogen synthesis and increasing your insulin response during the higher carb days.

TRAINING
***The most important thing to do on this diet is NOT lift heavy on carb depletion days and NOT to do too much volume on heavy days. This diet will not cause overtraining if you lift light, easy, but with high volume on low carb days and heavy, hard and low volume on higher-carb days.
***I recommend a light version of German Volume Training for low-carb days. Try one exercise for 7-8 sets of 10-12 reps for each muscle group. Only one exercise per muscle group.
***The heavy days should be whatever brings you the most strength with the stipulation that you keep volume low.
***Cardio should be nice and easy, and only in the evenings on higher-carb days. Make your heavy lifting intense --- not your cardio.
***Each training session can and should be very brief but effective.

DISCLAIMER:
I have, admittedly, only used this exact diet for 2 weeks. I just started cutting again after recovering from jaw surgery. However, I have used other carbohydrate cycling diets, cyclical keto diets, high-carb diets, high-protein low-fat moderate-carb diets, etc. Carbohydrate cycling works best for me for cutting fat at a good pace and maintaining my strength. The carbohydrate cycling diet above has gone through a few weeks of tweaking, and so far I feel really energetic and strong. My lifts have not decreased. Actually they have increased recently since I couldn't lift very heavy for about one month and just got back to real training.

PURPOSE
I think this diet is ideal for people with fairly good insulin sensitivity. What do you people think of it? I won't really debate about this diet since I know it works for me and would rather see other peoples' input. I will answer any question regarding this diet and would really enjoy some constructive criticism or even some debate among other people. Thanks for reading this!

-plornive

Last edited:
ok i got a few quesitons, when you say 50% calorie deficit do u mean 50% of 15 X bw in cals? im confused on this. also what do u consider 1/3 of the body divisions, i was thinking chest triceps and delts, back biceps and traps, and quads hams and calves?

110% said:
ok i got a few quesitons, when you say 50% calorie deficit do u mean 50% of 15 X bw in cals? im confused on this. also what do u consider 1/3 of the body divisions, i was thinking chest triceps and delts, back biceps and traps, and quads hams and calves?
Yes, I mean 50% of 15Xbodyweight. However, since it is quite a bit of training, I suggest going a little higher to 50% of the actual number of calories you are burning, which is probably higher than 15Xbodyweight in this case. Also, what I should have said is up to a 50% caloric deficit, and definitely not lower than this or 1200 calories. Even if you think your maintenance calories are 2000, eat 1200 calories at least on the low-carb days. Don't decrease carbs any more than is specified because the brain is really what burns a lot of those carbs anyway.

I think the split you gave is a good one. Right now I am doing delts + traps + back, chest + a bi/tri superset, and squats + leg-press + calves + hams. For the higher volume low carb days, I change my exercises and don't spend as much time on bis, tris or shoulders. These muscle groups are hit with other exercises and it does not serve the desired purpose to work them too much during low carb days --- the purpose is to deplete glycogen and gently fatigue the muscles, not make them sore or even build muscle. This lets you hit your body hard and fast (no pun intended) during the high-carb days. You want heavy days to be effective and ruining even just one heavy workout can be very detrimental to muscle/strength retention.

Last edited:
I am now trying something similar to your diet.
I am training at 7 p.m.
What do you think of eating some fruit for breakfast in manteinance days ( woudn't it be good to have liver glicogen high in those days?)?

My breakfast (in manteinance days) would be:
6 fish oil caps
some Oat flakes (50g.) ??
8 egg whites
1 yolk
1 scoop WHEY (22 g. P)
1 teaspoon Flax seed oil
and i was considering adding some fruit (not sure wich) and maybe some honey...

What do you think about it?

very nice to see you posting over here plornive, you always had great stuff.

i also cycle my calories, i never go about 30 or 35 grams of fat on any given day.

i cycle carbs ill do 2 days at 100 or below and one day 400 or more

but i train heavy and to failure

nclifter6feet6 said:
very nice to see you posting over here plornive, you always had great stuff.

i also cycle my calories, i never go about 30 or 35 grams of fat on any given day.

i cycle carbs ill do 2 days at 100 or below and one day 400 or more

but i train heavy and to failure

Unfortunatly it is an old post. Me too would like to see him back here in the diet forum.

I will give soon some more feed back on this diet.
I am loving cicling carbs/cals.
How are things going on your diet nclifter?

Top Bottom